Close

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    i got a question that came up today! i have the skunk2 mega power exhaust. not the 70mm one. the question is will will not having the 70mm one be hasardous to my turbo set up! i know i will not get alot of power like i would from a 70mm one but will be be harmfull to my engine is what im asking?

Quote Originally Posted by dustyboner View Post
    you can get one here

its a direct bolt on.

is this a mandatory item or a safty precaution? cause if its mandatory ill order it tomorrow if not ill probably order it in some time june.

its a safety issue. well its more like, if it breaks you may not be able to repair it, more than a safety thing. if you can find a steel/SS fitting it should be ok but brass will usually break.

you're fine with the exhaust you have. you just won't spool as quick or make as much power as you would witha bigger-less restrictive exhaust. since your in clovis(no emissions testing) you can eliminate your cat. it'll make a big difference
    Last edited by dustyboner; 05-07-2008 at 11:44 PM.

they switched 2 turbonetics?

anywhoo good luck man boost is addicting!

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    also the kit came with a tial 38mm waste gate and a turbonetics turbo instead of a presision. i have no clue what trim it is but it is a t3/t4 ill post pics up tomorrow of everything.
    revhard's website said the turbo was good for 450hp so im pretty sure its a 50trim

alright thanks! ill buy the adapter on wednesday!

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    ru going to evan's after you're done? let me know because im planning on going to evan's after i get my k24a1 put in.

try to get an appointment soon, i called for an appointment and they are almost fully booked for june

check my revhard DIY, the fitting that would be really good for you to get is like $25 bucks. its one fitting that has 3 outlets (feed line, oil press gauge, stock sending unit). if u dont have a gauge it comes with a fitting to fill the other hole. i got it from tuner toyz, their website is down right now or just not working for me so i cant link u

you can get one here

its a direct bolt on.

Not bad I gotta order one of these.

one thing you should get before the install is a oil filter sandwich adapter for running the oil feed line. i had 2 brass fittings break off on me. was able to get it out the first time but not the second. so the block was sent to ERL and got fixed.:thumb:
    BEFORE

AFTER
    thats because u tried to use that fitting with the WRONG type of threads, you probably used an npt fitting when the threads are BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread). If you checked the service manual prior to using the wrong fitting you would have saved yourself time and money. Oversight's a bitch lol. all hondas use bspt on oil sending units.

its a safety issue. well its more like, if it breaks you may not be able to repair it, more than a safety thing. if you can find a steel/SS fitting it should be ok but brass will usually break.

you're fine with the exhaust you have. you just won't spool as quick or make as much power as you would witha bigger-less restrictive exhaust. since your in clovis(no emissions testing) you can eliminate your cat. it'll make a big difference
    Dont speak out of your ass. a stainless or steel fitting will not work in that spot, see my above post. As for the exhaust, a 2.5" exhaust is good up to 256hp, anything beyond that and you are restricting the flow. Only prob with a sandwich plate is that you are sending dirty oil (because the oil there hasnt been thro the filter) to the turbo.....kinda a bad design on the sandwich plate ppl's part but w/e....sandwich plates are available anywhere, there are many different brands....some polished, some not........i had to weld mine in spots to ensure proper flow....

lol

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    i got a question that came up today! i have the skunk2 mega power exhaust. not the 70mm one. the question is will will not having the 70mm one be hasardous to my turbo set up! i know i will not get alot of power like i would from a 70mm one but will be be harmfull to my engine is what im asking?
    you'll free up a bit more power with a 70mm exhaust for sure. anything more than that the gains are negligible. not having a 70mm exhaust wont do any harm, but it would probably blow out your cat.

think of it this way, a turbocharger is a restriction in the exhaust. and since its driven off exhaust gases, ideally you'd want more flow. how much flow is entirely up to the user and its application.

I had my 2.5" downpipe fitted the stock cat and stock exhaust (1 7/8") and it was fine for months. I imagine prolonged use would melt the catyltic though, so I'd advice ditching that with a straight pipe if you can. Your Skunk2 should be fine.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information