Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i think thats what im going to have to do. can u give me some sites to look at? thanks bro. did you do anything different to ur car or its just install and ur good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by supremeld3 View Post
    i think thats what im going to have to do. can u give me some sites to look at? thanks bro. did you do anything different to ur car or its just install and ur good to go.
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117

You just have to make sure you get the correct year--- 2002-04 RSX-S tranny, if you buy a later year, you with have trouble with the VSS.

You might also have to modify your shifter, but that is pretty easy.

I replaced the clutch and flywheel while I was in there, but that was a personal choice, not a requirement.

Check out my thread, I have a little more detail there regarding my troubles, and the search button... ( That is where I got all my info from)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...=48774&page=15

yea ima do the same thing replace the clutch and flywheel. u did the tranny swap yourself... did u feel any power gains.

yea ima do the same thing replace the clutch and flywheel. u did the tranny swap yourself... did u feel any power gains.
    You are in the "power band" more of the time +new clutch + lighter flywheel= feels more responsive, but I don't expect to see a huge gain in a dyno.

I started with 'Solelive', we got stuck on the ball joints, so I ended up finishing up the job myself ( With the occasional help of the wifey).

yo man thanks a lot.... u gave me some good information.. ima go to honda and c if they will fix it since i got a warrenty... but if not prob going to do a type s full swap over time. how long do u think my gears will last this one guy on hear said his lasted a year so far.

yo man thanks a lot.... u gave me some good information.. ima go to honda and c if they will fix it since i got a warrenty... but if not prob going to do a type s full swap over time. how long do u think my gears will last this one guy on hear said his lasted a year so far.
    If you have a warranty, I see no reason to wait, get it to the dealer and fixed asap.

As far as how long it will last, I wouldn't be a good person to ask as I have only had my car for a few months, and I bought it with the 3rd gear grind.

I think it really depends on your tolerance level, if you don't mind granny shifting and hearing your 3rd gear grind every once and awhile, I think it would last you as long as you wanted it to.

When I purchased my car, I could granny shift, but I couldn't get it into 3rd above 5000 RPM's and couldn't down shift to 3rd without first shifting into 2nd. My tolerance for that was 0, but if I didn't have the money to fix, I know I could have dealt with it for awhile.

Someone said that they have heard bad things about the type-s tranny on the A3. What would they be? My tranny does the a/c click/rattle but recently it started doing it w/o the a/c on and bad.

I was going to swap a S tranny in but not if it had drawbacks.

So based upon what I'm hearing, the only options you have are to fix it and hop it last or deal with it?

Because if all the K trannys suck and you swap one out you will eventually get the same syncro problem correct?

in my other post drive train warranty voided due to hfp rims, My third grind problem was fixed with only $3,000 out of my wallet. Drives like brand new now. Just make sure you dont have HFP equipment or a CAI on your car when you pull it in to have service. Its apparent that Honda denies selling HFP wheels after they sell them to you. Just be carefull.

only 3,000 dallors out of ur wallet lol..... well i got stock rims buti got them painted gold... the only thing im worried about is im running nirtious on my car i dont no wat thet will say bout that lol..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information