Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyno: JRSC-R

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    im gettin tuned soon wit the race upgrade. and the numbers u put down are kick ass. i would like the kal just as a reference for the tuner to look at and see if i can get somehwere near u. i know every motor is different but i def would like ur map just for reference. its totally up to u. the help would be appreciated.

those numbers are good with the 4" pulley, but i think the neuspeed catback is holding you back. i would go with a bigger exhaust and maxbore tb for sure. the 3.8" pulley would be nice just hope it doesnt rise the iat2 too much. do you have a light weight flywheel yet cuz i hear that is a must mod for s/c cars.

NICE numbes!

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    im gettin tuned soon wit the race upgrade. and the numbers u put down are kick ass. i would like the kal just as a reference for the tuner to look at and see if i can get somehwere near u. i know every motor is different but i def would like ur map just for reference. its totally up to u. the help would be appreciated.
    Im waiting to borrow a laptop, then I can post it for you. Not sure how soon now, but Im trying to it done for you. Good luck on your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by squeak04si View Post
    those numbers are good with the 4" pulley, but i think the neuspeed catback is holding you back. i would go with a bigger exhaust and maxbore tb for sure. the 3.8" pulley would be nice just hope it doesnt rise the iat2 too much. do you have a light weight flywheel yet cuz i hear that is a must mod for s/c cars.
    Towards the end of july/beginning of august I will be installing Cams, valvetrain, valves, maxbore throttle body, and 3.8" pulley. As for the exhaust, it really doesnt seem to be holding me back. Its a "bottleneck" that has been addressed was modified by a few people, none saw any significant gains if any at all. As for the flywheel, i believe our stock one is 18 lbs, was planning on a 12-14 lb, dont want it too light and paired with a good stage two clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    NICE numbes!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kaisertj View Post
    Towards the end of july/beginning of august I will be installing Cams, valvetrain, valves, maxbore throttle body, and 3.8" pulley. As for the exhaust, it really doesnt seem to be holding me back. Its a "bottleneck" that has been addressed was modified by a few people, none saw any significant gains if any at all. As for the flywheel, i believe our stock one is 18 lbs, was planning on a 12-14 lb, dont want it too light and paired with a good stage two clutch.

Thank you!
    i assure you small exhaust will always hold you back on a boosted car. the neuspeed is only like 2.25", so a 70mm catback would do you some good. our stock flywheels vary from 14-18lbs, and a 9-10lb would be my choice for s/c.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    A 60mm exhaust would be fine for a JRSC. Hell, just getting a larger midpipe and keeping the stock axleback would be fine. The rule of thumb is 1" per 100hp. I have the Skunk2 70mm, but if I could do it again I'd go with a 60mm exhaust. Torque loss down low is sometimes annoying around town, and the increased noise just isn't worth it.

As for the flywheel, I'd stick to the 12-14lb. range. Too light and it's gonna suck driving around town.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    A 60mm exhaust would be fine for a JRSC. Hell, just getting a larger midpipe and keeping the stock axleback would be fine. The rule of thumb is 1" per 100hp. I have the Skunk2 70mm, but if I could do it again I'd go with a 60mm exhaust. Torque loss down low is sometimes annoying around town, and the increased noise just isn't worth it.

As for the flywheel, I'd stick to the 12-14lb. range. Too light and it's gonna suck driving around town.
    Exactly, Im with you on this one.

screw driving around town, we want to go fast lmao. he doesnt necessarily have to go big, i was just saying that the neuspeed is smaller than the rest. you are right though, the bigger exhaust will sacrafice low end. btw, we can trade exhaust when ever you want

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    screw driving around town, we want to go fast lmao. he doesnt necessarily have to go big, i was just saying that the neuspeed is smaller than the rest. you are right though, the bigger exhaust will sacrafice low end. btw, we can trade exhaust when ever you want
    Only if you want the DCRH too. It's welded to the exhaust. (Another thing I dislike about the 70mm, incidentally.)
    Last edited by 4angrybadgers; 06-03-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Only if you want the DCRH too. It's welded to the exhaust. (Another thing I dislike about the 70mm, incidentally.)
    im pretty sure it wont do me any good lol

To be honest, im willing to sacrifice some power cause I love that exhaust. I daily drive this car 100 miles a day on average, dont want it too loud or anything.

i daily drive 100 miles also, but i cant remember what quiet is. sometimes i wish my car was back to stock for the smoothness and quietness, but im not giving up 300whp for that lmao

i daily drive 100 miles also, but i cant remember what quiet is. sometimes i wish my car was back to stock for the smoothness and quietness, but im not giving up 300whp for that lmao
    To each his own, I like the subtlety of the setup.

truthfully, your set up is better for daily than mine. i actually would be somewhat contempt with a jrsc r.

good #'s. i am slowly saving up for basicly the same set up you have now and if i can get close to thouse #'s it will be worth it to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information