Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    coloms 9-10 are High load left image is low cam the right is your high cam and your angles seem off. but if that guy tuned your shit. then its problay fine.....

I personally wounld never have the cam angles that low for high load. but ehh. its your car
    Attached Images Attached Images

LArger images

Papi made the map that i'm running with this setup, all i did was tune the fuel and timing. I have not touched the cam angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    I personally wounld never have the cam angles that low for high load. but ehh. its your car
    What is wrong with low cam angles at high loads? When I did my cam angle tuning a couple days ago, the k24a2 really liked 0 cam from 6K up.

slip angle do you have aftermarket cams?

usually I see allot of N/A cars have maximum cam advance at the point of high cam engagement, then rolling back down.

So here is a K24A1 map

You can see here column 10 has an appropriate cam advance and then retard.

I have the Stock cams.

Columns 7-10 looks like this in my cal. (I added column 7 because Hondata recommended extending to that column as well - So not just 8-10..)

Low Cam
    30 Degrees until 3000
    15 Degrees at 3500
    10 Degrees at 4000 until VTEC

VTEC = 5250

High Cam
    20 Degrees at 5250
    15 Degrees at 5750
    0 Degrees at 6000 - 7500

wow, I've seen 10 degrees at high rpm but never 0. But hey, if it makes power then thats all that counts. What size exhaust are you running? My map is simular but I have the low cam set at 30 all the way through 4000 (vtec) and the high cam going from 40 to 30 to 25 at 7500RPM. I do have K2's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Angle View Post
    I have the Stock cams.

Columns 7-10 looks like this in my cal. (I added column 7 because Hondata recommended extending to that column as well - So not just 8-10..)

Low Cam
    30 Degrees until 3000
    15 Degrees at 3500
    10 Degrees at 4000 until VTEC

VTEC = 5250

High Cam
    20 Degrees at 5250
    15 Degrees at 5750
    0 Degrees at 6000 - 7500
    yup for your car thats completely fine,

but dont you find it weird that the tuner placed 20 degrees cam angle though out most of the coloum 10 on his map?

Thats what I was talking about. not that you can't build power at 0 degrees because it has.

Quote Originally Posted by kon View Post
    wow, I've seen 10 degrees at high rpm but never 0. But hey, if it makes power then thats all that counts. What size exhaust are you running? My map is simular but I have the low cam set at 30 all the way through 4000 (vtec) and the high cam going from 40 to 30 to 25 at 7500RPM. I do have K2's though.
    Exhaust is 2.5 SS custom /w high flow cat. Have you Dyno'd your engine? I haven't yet but once I finish fine tuning I plan to make a trip down to see what kinda power I'm making. Seems very good though. If I lay into the throttle in 2nd gear around 2500 rpm, the tires will begin breaking traction and then spin wildly. That's with 215 Azenis and an LSD. It's very controllable though. I really love the k24a2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    yup for your car thats completely fine,

but dont you find it weird that the tuner placed 20 degrees cam angle though out most of the coloum 10 on his map?

Thats what I was talking about. not that you can't build power at 0 degrees because it has.
    The 20 cam on my car made power until almost 5700 and then dropped off rapidly. It does seem strange he uses 20 for most of column 10. The stock Hondata k24a2 map drops it down pretty fast as well..

I bet he would make more power with less cam angle but it's hard to say without measuring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information