Close

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    May wind Oct. rain
    Quote Originally Posted by tsxdriver View Post
    shitty deals lol!
    Seriously. I paid a little over what he paid for my Mugen Racing exhaust. I got lucky and ordered it a month before the price went up.

This is an awesome exhaust. Quality is among the best and the fitment is guaranteed. But sometimes it feels like you are really paying for the name. I'm not hating, but for $1100 + you can get a pretty freakin nice custom exhaust setup + have it gold plated!!!! Lol

Like I said not to knock your dreams down. I know you wanted this for a while and gosh darn it you deserve it! I just know what I would have done.

...Well then again I was saving up to get a j's racing 70rr exhaust, but I slapped myself until I came back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    Seriously. I paid a little over what he paid for my Mugen Racing exhaust. I got lucky and ordered it a month before the price went up.
    yeah. i wanted to order some spare parts for the tsx but then i saw the prices and was like "wtf"? damn yen to US dollar ftl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mySti-CaL_EP3HI View Post
    Dude that exhaust is like $675 in Hongkong back in 2006. It's nice. I went to this shop in Mongkok where this tight ass EP3 w/ Project Mu Brakes, Mugen accesories and etc. He's the shop owner. Yeah he was selling me that Mugen twin loop muffler for that price. Yes you have to take into account shipping so it comes out to be a little more when it gets to the U.S.
    too bad we cant get it for that kinda price! its amazing even in my old cataloges from 1990, the mugen exhausts were still $1000

damn! nice buy!! Mugen exhaust FTW!!!!

too bad you didn't pick it up a few months back. King/Mugen recently jacked up their prices quite a bit. not sure if it's for all Mugen parts, but i know for a fact that their tsx parts went up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    They did it for all parts because of the Yen to U.S. dollars exchange.
    yah, but the price difference was only about 100 bucks, so yah it was 100 more but that extra 300 i got from the gov. offset it

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    This is an awesome exhaust. Quality is among the best and the fitment is guaranteed. But sometimes it feels like you are really paying for the name. I'm not hating, but for $1100 + you can get a pretty freakin nice custom exhaust setup + have it gold plated!!!! Lol

Like I said not to knock your dreams down. I know you wanted this for a while and gosh darn it you deserve it! I just know what I would have done.

...Well then again I was saving up to get a j's racing 70rr exhaust, but I slapped myself until I came back to reality.
    oh yah totally onboard with you 100%, i know i could have built my own exhaust thats just as nice, but its just not what im doing with the ep...i have 2 other total custom fab race car and street/strip builds that are currently on hold (no time but ive collected the parts over 7 years)

ive wanted a mugen exhaust since i was 15 when i went through my fathers old mugen cataloges from 84-90...he was planning a sweet full mugen build for a 1st gen teg motor to drop into his 84 dx, but the timing belt broke on his car and destroyed the engine so it got parked, but then was too busy with his company to go ahead and build the teg motor to put the car back on the road...so when i was rebuilding my 86si mechanically over the years i always drooled and wondered what it would be like to buy mugen parts, and now i have a car i can buy the quality parts for that are built to oem quality...so if you havnt figured it out, this isnt just some exhaust to me, its kinda a culmination of all the work ive done on my civics over the years...

nothing about my ep is done because its jdm, im building it to be what it was meant to be and what keeps to the essense of what it was...so it wont be the most insane or stand out car when its done, but it will be true to the design, and frankly jdm oem is going to be a major part of that...mugen as well (though im not sure what else i will buy thats mugen...)
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 05-13-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

yeah. i wanted to order some spare parts for the tsx but then i saw the prices and was like "wtf"? damn yen to US dollar ftl!!!
    That is the main reason why I hate buying JDM parts, most are overpriced because of the exchange rate. So basically you are throwing money in the air.

That is the main reason why I hate buying JDM parts, most are overpriced because of the exchange rate. So basically you are throwing money in the air.
    haha werd...why i went with german SS brake lines instead of say, mugen haha...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    haha werd...why i went with german SS brake lines instead of say, mugen haha...
    Du hast mesh JDM!

lol

..well not really

German SS brake lines from who? Just wondering.

well... i guess you gotta pay to play?

Du hast mesh JDM!

lol

..well not really

German SS brake lines from who? Just wondering.
    goodridge...not a very german name but made in germany, 150 bucks if i remember correctly for all 4 through a distributor...plus they have that quad layer protection mumbo jumbo (cant remember its late) so they dont wear out with street use...
    my ep is white...

if you ever sell it for whatever reason i got dibs!!!

nice buy man sound clip or ban

is it in yet???? did you make any videos yet?? i want to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by simcivic08 View Post
    nice buy man sound clip or ban
    Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    is it in yet???? did you make any videos yet?? i want to hear it!

when it gets here, its either at king now or in transit to king...
    my ep is white...

I got a sound clip on the exhaust when My boy got Dyno'd.....

Click here - It's the second vid... (NHBP Ep3)....

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    that was a fun dyno day.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information