Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

iPod hook up to stock headunit

There was this device that hooked up the ipod to the stock headunit via the cd changer aux jack. This allowed you to play up to 6 playlists on your ipod directly through your stock headunit. I just wanted a link to this amazing device, I know there was someone selling one on here before the epholocaust. Please let me know what this unit is called and where i can grab one. Thanks in advance!

Bump

see if this link can help on what you are looking for. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44136 or you could go with what jeenyusss said with USA SPEC

this might be what you are looking for

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html

I have this and love it. Just a heads up, though, the playlist mode is garbage. It limits you to just six playlists. I use direct mode, which requires you to have regular access to the ipod, so I just drilled a hole in the pocket underneath the stereo, and the ipod sits in there. Nothing controls an ipod better than the ipod itself.

Aweson, thanks for the replies guys!!!

I went ahead and ordered the usa spec ipod adaptor, how did you guys install it? where did you mount the unit? and where did you put the ipod wire, the glove box or in the compartment under the radio? Thanks again!

I had the wire in the compartment under the radio, and drilled the hole on the side of the compartment, on the same side of the climate controls. I mounted the converter box onto the plastic wall behind the the dash (it's kind of a tight fit back there, but you'll find space).

Think you may need some other parts...I was looking into this as well!

www.blitzsafe.com, best adaptor if you want to use your iPod to control the tunes, and have access to all of the music!

part # HON/AUX DMX V.1

http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catal...itz_honda.html

Quote Originally Posted by shenmuep3 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the usa spec ipod adaptor, how did you guys install it? where did you mount the unit? and where did you put the ipod wire, the glove box or in the compartment under the radio? Thanks again!
    i have one similar to all these. what i did was just leave the unit back by the radio. didnt really mount it cause its so tight back there it wont move around. then i ran the cable to the cupholder(center console) and the i use this http://www.educational-software.com/...t-details.html this way its easy to read the screen and it wont move around on me. i can take pics if you want.

I just installed this the other day, I used velcro to mount the unit. I ran the ipod wire to the glove box, I love this thing, it works perfectly. If you guys want pics let me know Im to lazy to post them otherwise. Thanks again everyone for the posts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shenmuep3 View Post
    I just installed this the other day, I used velcro to mount the unit. I ran the ipod wire to the glove box, I love this thing, it works perfectly. If you guys want pics let me know Im to lazy to post them otherwise. Thanks again everyone for the posts!!!
    so you bought the USA spec. i dont thing there will be a problem using it on a canadian ep. hope not. also does anybody know, will it work with the ipod touch???

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    so you bought the USA spec. i dont thing there will be a problem using it on a canadian ep. hope not. also does anybody know, will it work with the ipod touch???
    It works on any honda from whenever they started offering OEM cd changers to 2005 (2006 and up they swithced their cd changer plug). It will even work on voodoo Canadian stereos.

It will also work with any ipod with a regluar docking port, so you're good to go.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information