Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dank! these ipod adapters cost as much as cd/mp3 decks with USB/Aux-In plugs... lol

minus well get a deck....

Quote Originally Posted by skoo74 View Post
    dank! these ipod adapters cost as much as cd/mp3 decks with USB/Aux-In plugs... lol

minus well get a deck....
    yeah I know, I just think to much that makes me want to have the stock look

Not Newbie
    I got an iPod2Car adapter a couple christmas' ago. It's perfect plug and play, plus it charges the ipod. It was one of the more expensive options (~$200); but it works perfectly with only a few minor hangups. My biggest complaint is that when you turn the car on you have to press play on the ipod to get it started. Also for some reason they give you at least 10ft of cable! I had to bundle up most of it behind the dash and ended up only using about 4 feet of it. I mounted the brain to the back of the dash and ran the cable underneath into the console tray. You'd never even know it was there.

Used 3m double sided tape and zip ties to mount the brain.

This is when I had the cable routed to the glovebox. I hated having it here because it would slide around and if a passenger wanted to look through the ipod they had to have the glovebox open. I eventually drilled a small hole in the back of the lower console and routed the cable into there.

The reason I stuck with the OEM head unit is because I have yet to see an aftermarket headunit that blends in with the OEM dash. All of them have dancing dolphins, techno lights, flipping text or other stupid pointless lightshows. The OEM unit isn't distracting, matches the interior and does what it's supposed to do. I'm not into audio and the factory 8w headunit is good enough for me.

Not to mention...I don't need another reason for someone to break-in or steal my car.

Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thaseint View Post
    I got an iPod2Car adapter a couple christmas' ago. It's perfect plug and play, plus it charges the ipod. It was one of the more expensive options (~$200); but it works perfectly with only a few minor hangups. My biggest complaint is that when you turn the car on you have to press play on the ipod to get it started. Also for some reason they give you at least 10ft of cable! I had to bundle up most of it behind the dash and ended up only using about 4 feet of it. I mounted the brain to the back of the dash and ran the cable underneath into the console tray. You'd never even know it was there.

Used 3m double sided tape and zip ties to mount the brain.

This is when I had the cable routed to the glovebox. I hated having it here because it would slide around and if a passenger wanted to look through the ipod they had to have the glovebox open. I eventually drilled a small hole in the back of the lower console and routed the cable into there.

The reason I stuck with the OEM head unit is because I have yet to see an aftermarket headunit that blends in with the OEM dash. All of them have dancing dolphins, techno lights, flipping text or other stupid pointless lightshows. The OEM unit isn't distracting, matches the interior and does what it's supposed to do. I'm not into audio and the factory 8w headunit is good enough for me.

Not to mention...I don't need another reason for someone to break-in or steal my car.

Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested getting an aftermarket head unit yet. Have you considered that?
    I have. I am looking at a few different units compatible with ipod/iphone with USB and or AUX input on the front panel of the deck.

Wurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by irrational View Post
    I have. I am looking at a few different units compatible with ipod/iphone with USB and or AUX input on the front panel of the deck.
    I'm really happy with my Pioneer Premier unit... then again, I've always liked Pioneer for head units, so I'm biased. The new ones have a better interface for the ipod (like an interrupt feature so you don't have to disconnect the ipod if you want to use the click-wheel instead of the head unit).
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Hey thasient, I did pretty much the same install except with a usa spec branded ipod to stock headunit connector. Also instead of attaching the unit to the back of the head unit itself i used velcro and attached it to a tiny space that is directly behind the head unit. I think it is part of the ventilation piping. It works well and is very secure and if for what ever reason you want to remove it you can and then you can stick it back again. I also ran the ipod wire to the glove box. the usa spec ipod interface is the best, i have no gripes!
    Last edited by shenmuep3; 07-07-2008 at 07:44 AM.

wat up fellows i got a lil prob with my ipod connector/device. i got mine from circut city,kinda looks like the one thaseint has.

my prob is that it will play the song for about 45- 1 min. and then pause, then continue playing. i does it on playlist and while playing ablums. its really annoying.

anyone have an issue like this.. wat did u do to fix? do u think i have a bad device? damn thing cost me 50 and this is how it acts. anyways thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by 04blksi View Post
    wat up fellows i got a lil prob with my ipod connector/device. i got mine from circut city,kinda looks like the one thaseint has.

my prob is that it will play the song for about 45- 1 min. and then pause, then continue playing. i does it on playlist and while playing ablums. its really annoying.

anyone have an issue like this.. wat did u do to fix? do u think i have a bad device? damn thing cost me 50 and this is how it acts. anyways thanks for any help
    What brand is it? There's no reason why that could be intentional (that I can think of, anyway). It sounds like a bad unit, take it back to the store and get it exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by shenmuep3 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the usa spec ipod adaptor, how did you guys install it? where did you mount the unit? and where did you put the ipod wire, the glove box or in the compartment under the radio? Thanks again!
    My ipod wire is under the cup holders in the "secret" compartment lol. best place to put it imo, easy to reach unlike the glove compartment and out of plain sight unlike the slot under the radio.

this deivie is ipod only or can it work with other mp3 playing devices? im not into audio, just curious, im one of those that do not have an ipod. i use my blackberry curve for my music.

I use the Metra ipod adapter. Its the Cheapest available and i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by EPJuicebox View Post
    My ipod wire is under the cup holders in the "secret" compartment lol. best place to put it imo, easy to reach unlike the glove compartment and out of plain sight unlike the slot under the radio.
    Do you need to drill a hole to put it into the secret compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by bildo View Post
    Do you need to drill a hole to put it into the secret compartment?
    The ipod connector came with the car when I bought it. But I took a look and from what I can see it doesn't have a hole drilled, it looks like its fed through the front of the compartment.

I'll take a better look at it this when I get out of work ill take pics and post too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information