Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    w00t for redheads! NitroBoarder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    I'm not sure I know what you mean. :noidea: The tape is on the spoiler... you just peel the back off enough that it wraps around to the front so you can pull it off after you tighten the nuts.

teh hotness.

hopefully I'll get mine in the mail next week
    just need a hole saw and I'll be good.

Ahh, lovely. Nice write up, for the newbies of course

nice write up. great instructions, thanks

The techs who installed my spoilder the first time did a poor job. It moved easily up and down and it had to be re-installed

Well great. Now that I know how to do it, I guess I have to get a HFP wing. . . not that I have been wanting one ever since I got the car Excellent job on your write-up.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. :noidea: The tape is on the spoiler... you just peel the back off enough that it wraps around to the front so you can pull it off after you tighten the nuts.
    I was talking about those black vinyl flaps that you're supposed to put on the inside of the windshield so you're not looking at the underside of the spoiler and it's tape strips.

nice write up.

For me I felt it made all teh difference in the looks of the car, like someone just took a break when designing the rear end.

IF they are available I really like the 3rd brakelight delete panel ;) Something about having a light sitting there I was not using drove me batty.

Wurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    I was talking about those black vinyl flaps that you're supposed to put on the inside of the windshield so you're not looking at the underside of the spoiler and it's tape strips.
    OH, I get it now. I didn't bother with it since my tints are so dark. I have heard that it's easier to put that on after the install so you can line it up better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

great instructions...i didnt know you had to drill a hole....man have i got some things to learn. i'm gonna put mine on next week too! thanks.

where is the best place to get the HFP Wing. Honda quoted me $487.00 for one. Also the same with the lip kit. There pricing was $385 each for the front and rear and $432 for the sides.

I really want to have all of my organs in my body and anus not all ripped up when I buy these parts. because Honda will rip you a new one.

Great write up!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by Da90Ls View Post
    where is the best place to get the HFP Wing. Honda quoted me $487.00 for one. Also the same with the lip kit. There pricing was $385 each for the front and rear and $432 for the sides.

I really want to have all of my organs in my body and anus not all ripped up when I buy these parts. because Honda will rip you a new one.
    handa-accesories.com was where I got my HFP spoiler from, $368.

for the lip kit, it's $276 for the front, $276 for the rear, and $462 for the sides. You can prolly find the sides cheaper somewhere else.

ephatch member
    7. I stuck tape on the top of the glass so metal filings don't drop into the glass adhesive. To catch the drill shavings I put a sheet down inside my hatch, and a magnet on the inside near when I was going to drill.

10. I used a 19mm hole saw (instructions call for 20mm... mine worked fine) to cut a hole for the new brake light wires.

12. Then clean the area of the glass down to about 8" from the top with alcohol.
    Excellent write-up -- couple things I would highlight:

#7 -- good tip. Make sure you clean up all the drill shavings/filings or they will rust and stain your paint. Ask me how I know.

#10 -- also a good idea -- go slightly small. The hole saw cut will be rough and by the time you clean it up will be at 20mm. The reason for 20mm is if you ever go back to stock can seal the hole with a 20mm bodyplug.

#12 -- deviation from Honda's instructions here, but this is what I did also. Honda includes a packet of adhesion promoter with instructions to use it prep the glass. I followed the instructions but it makes the glass look like crap, all smeary, ended up wiping it off. It's not needed, 3m tape sticks fine to clean bare glass.

Final tip -- lose the 3rd brake lite. The JDM trim is only ~$40 and it really finishes the look.

Quote Originally Posted by 05silversi View Post
    Final tip -- lose the 3rd brake lite. The JDM trim is only ~$40 and it really finishes the look.
    where can I find this? I search ebay and passwordjdm and got nothing.

I got mine from PasswordJDM but I had to wait till they came back in stock, granted this was 3 years ago though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information