Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clutch chatter?

My Exedy Stg.II chatters when launching normally in 1st also. If you rev it up & drop the clutch, it hooks up & goes, no chatter. I also get some chatter when I'm downshifting & I don't match revs, only into 2nd. It's just the way our clutches are. It's explained right on the Exedy site.

cool thanks alot guys I was just a little worried

Quote Originally Posted by SiR R8TD View Post
    My Exedy Stg.II chatters when launching normally in 1st also. If you rev it up & drop the clutch, it hooks up & goes, no chatter. I also get some chatter when I'm downshifting & I don't match revs, only into 2nd. It's just the way our clutches are. It's explained right on the Exedy site.

^^^^^^^ Mine does the same thing

I have the exedy stage 2 and lightend flywheel also and it never made any noise till a few months later. I thought it was the clutch or flywheel but like yours it shifted fine. Mine did it in first and when going over bumps. But to make a long story short I took it back to the shop and the tranny mounts where loose sounds like the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinEP3 View Post
    I have the exedy stage 2 and lightend flywheel also and it never made any noise till a few months later. I thought it was the clutch or flywheel but like yours it shifted fine. Mine did it in first and when going over bumps. But to make a long story short I took it back to the shop and the tranny mounts where loose sounds like the same problem.
    Interesting, I'll check that out next time I go by the shop, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information