Close

Thread: Dspec Feed back

Dspec Feed back

So i just installed my new set of tokico Dspec struts and i was wondering if anyone else has these and what settings they were running. currently im running full stiff in the rear with one full turn from full stiff in the front and it seem to ride nicely. Although i have alot of front tire talk.

any one else got a setup with these

just to let you know, the amount of stiffness each click gives will vary from damper to damper.

I am about halfway on fronts and backs. I have gone down to as low as 3 (1.5 turns off full stiff) but it was too much for Ohio roads.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by player757 View Post
    So i just installed my new set of tokico Dspec struts and i was wondering if anyone else has these and what settings they were running. currently im running full stiff in the rear with one full turn from full stiff in the front and it seem to ride nicely. Although i have alot of front tire talk.

Im runnin full stiff on the rear, 2.5 turns from full stiff on the fronts... have you got an alignment yet? I wouldnt mess around with them until you do. what kind of camber are you/planning to run???

ephatch member
    DSPEC ARE NICE.....but save more go with BC N+

Quote Originally Posted by CivicS View Post
    that doesn't help much seeing as how he already has the dspecs installed

Quote Originally Posted by CivicS View Post
    lol.

fanbois.

Almost Not Slow... blackhatchsi's Avatar

mine are set a turn softer in the front. I was running them like you are but I was was getting some understeer and once I softened the front up, it was better. What springs are you using? Do you have any sway\strut bars (not stocks). Dd you install a rear camber kit? If you haven't gotten an alignment yet, you'll need to re-adjust things afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhatchsi View Post
    mine are set a turn softer in the front. I was running them like you are but I was was getting some understeer and once I softened the front up, it was better. What springs are you using? Do you have any sway\strut bars (not stocks). Dd you install a rear camber kit? If you haven't gotten an alignment yet, you'll need to re-adjust things afterwards.
    no alignment yet my inspection is up at he end of the month so i'll get it done when it get inspected. i have spc camber kit in the rear which i'd say im about 2 degrees negative, and a 22mm ctr sway.

i readjusted the setting today 3/4 turn from full hard in the rear 1 1/2 turns frull hard in the front. so far i really like the way it turns in and over steers just enough out of the turn.

Almost Not Slow... blackhatchsi's Avatar
    no alignment yet my inspection is up at he end of the month so i'll get it done when it get inspected. i have spc camber kit in the rear which i'd say im about 2 degrees negative, and a 22mm ctr sway.

i readjusted the setting today 3/4 turn from full hard in the rear 1 1/2 turns frull hard in the front. so far i really like the way it turns in and over steers just enough out of the turn.
    The end of the month is over two weeks away! I personally couldn't drive mine like that for that long. I guess it won't hurt anything but yeah. What springs are you using??

Well daily driver I have it 5 turns out in the front and 4.5 in the rear. Have some bad roads in the area and do a lot of local driving. When I race the rears are at full and the fronts are 1.5 turn out.

i have them.

fronts=5 turns from stiff
    rear=3 turns from stiff

i used to have them full stiff in the rear and 5 turns from stiff in the front but when i changed it the car felt like it handled better. the rear seemed like it wanted to follow a little better.

I have KYB in the front, Tokico in the back. I use 4 away in the rear. (I live on a dirt road.)

Thread Information