Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    May wind Oct. rain
    OBX is the shit LOL. Damn, they have so many parts out, I wonder if they put any R&D into their designs or do they buy patent designs . . .

i know that itb's give really good throttle response, but will it even increase hp numbers? im sure it does but nothing crazy im guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    i know that itb's give really good throttle response, but will it even increase hp numbers? im sure it does but nothing crazy im guessing?
    Do intake's increase HP numbers?

If you built an all motor monster. 12:1 compression, stage 3 cams and valve train, sleeved honed port and Polish etc etc etc. and dyno'd it with an intake and then with ITB's you'd probably see like 40 hp, not to mention if you had a 9lb flywheel the RPM needle would climb so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    Do intake's increase HP numbers?

If you built an all motor monster. 12:1 compression, stage 3 cams and valve train, sleeved honed port and Polish etc etc etc. and dyno'd it with an intake and then with ITB's you'd probably see like 40 hp, not to mention if you had a 9lb flywheel the RPM needle would climb so fast.
    i dunno man, 40 seems kinda low......ive seen itbs make 80-120hp differences....but then it all depends on the motor they are on......

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    i dunno man, 40 seems kinda low......ive seen itbs make 80-120hp differences....but then it all depends on the motor they are on......
    yah i have to agree with that, i mean it all comes down to what engine and how much tuning can be done on that engine, like pre obd2...

but on my 86si which is pre obd0 (cant do a god damn thing with the stock ecu, unless you piggyback which you cant get anymore) just boring out the stock intake mani to maximum flow nets you 40hp (kills driveability) and ive got ITBs for it, which i could almost assume would be much more than 40hp simply since its directly accelerated air straight down the throat of the engine, but instead of 1 throat it now has 4...muahaha
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

the general consensus(sp?) on itb's w/o a plenum setup is, that the high end gain is good and the lower rpm drops in hp/tq. but its been a while since ive read up on good itb stuff.

toduh's

or the sexy bmw m5's itb + plenum setup (too lazy to find pics)

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    IMO.....If your car isnt a track car I wouldnt buy it for daily driving.

i wouldn't get it for dd either~
    it's cool nontheless

damn if my ep was track only I would probably get those.. ITB's are so sick

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    yah i have to agree with that, i mean it all comes down to what engine and how much tuning can be done on that engine, like pre obd2...

but on my 86si which is pre obd0 (cant do a god damn thing with the stock ecu, unless you piggyback which you cant get anymore) just boring out the stock intake mani to maximum flow nets you 40hp (kills driveability) and ive got ITBs for it, which i could almost assume would be much more than 40hp simply since its directly accelerated air straight down the throat of the engine, but instead of 1 throat it now has 4...muahaha
    yes thats probably true, I dont really think ITB's would kill the daily driveability of the car though.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    yes thats probably true, I dont really think ITB's would kill the daily driveability of the car though.
    well it depends on the setup...like whether or not certain things are removed or modified that could affect something like idle or engine warmup, etc...for instance on my 86si i ended up removing breather vents for hte vac system on the intake mani, so the car isnt going to want to run until its warm, and the idle adjustment on my itbs is an adjuster knob, so if i run those ill have to stand around with the hood open and adjust it until its warmed up, then adjust it again so im not idling high...i dunno, prolly dont have any of htose problems with a new one for an obd2 sytem, but who knows what they are doing with the damn thing...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information