Close

Exclamation Door Lock Help!!!

I installed a new drivers side door lock actuator today and now everytime i try to open the door from either the outside or the inside the door locks and i cant get into the car. The door lock wont stay unlocked at all when i pull on either handle. I tried flipping the green tab on the actuator itself thinking i installed it wrong and it still does the same thing. How can i fix this?? Someone please help!

bump so i can get this shit done tonight! Its such a pain in the ass to get in an out by having to hold the handle and pull the lock up

May wind Oct. rain
    LOL . . . are you serious. Have you tried resetting it by unplugging the battery?

it means you didn't install it right. The green tab on the actuator needs to line up just right...I had the same problem, took forever to line it up correctly. The green tab needs to be in a certain position (lock/unlock) position while installing...forgot which. Anyone else want to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by hatch404 View Post
    it means you didn't install it right. The green tab on the actuator needs to line up just right...I had the same problem, took forever to line it up correctly. The green tab needs to be in a certain position (lock/unlock) position while installing...forgot which. Anyone else want to chime in?
    That makes me look forward to doing it lol. I guess im gonna try to line it up i moved it like 3 times all the way up all the way down in the middle nothing worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    LOL . . . are you serious. Have you tried resetting it by unplugging the battery?
    No i gotta try that.

So, what method did you use to line up the actuator tab with the locking mechanism?? I'm going through the actuator install as we speak and it's not working properly for me either. The best result I get is that the car locks via all remote switches, but still won't unlock. Arghhhh!

nm, I actually figured it out. There is a concave shroud above the actuator that hides a little round plastic tab that needs to be hooked on the green lever of the actuator. Move that shroud out of the way and you'll be able to see what you're aiming for. Good luck, all!

Thread Information