Close

k24/k20 supercharged

I know my question look stupid but i'm tired of thinks to too mutch things so : if you have a frankeinstein k24/k20a2 and you put a jrsc , you take the supercharge for the k20a2.

another question
    if you do a port and polish do the booost give by the sc gonna drop, because of more flow? or gonna stay as the manifacturer say's?

You can use either s/c the blower unit itself is identical. The only difference is in the s/c manifold, the tensioner assembly and the belts that come with it.

With mine I am using the one for the EP because I already had it. There might be some benefits in flow from the RSX s/c manifold, but I doubt it would be significant, and that is offset by the extra cost of having to purchase the correct tensioner assembly.

As for porting you might see a loss in pressure due to the increased flow, it is just going to depend on what other supporting mods you have. With a K24/K20 frank the most likely bottleneck is going to be the header depending on what you are running. I had the JRRH and when I went to a custom header and exhaust I saw a 23 whp gain with tuning.

for the frank witch k24 block have you? I building one , got the k20a2 head but i keep looking for a block but dont know crv or tsx block... and also supercharger or turbo.

well a k24a1 is your best for the price cus its so cheap, but if you are not changing any internals, and money is not a big issue that by all means go with the k24a2, more power. but the k24a1 is your best considering the price and they can handle about 450whp turboed. personally i would get the k24a1, because its cheaper and with the money you save you can get some other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    well a k24a1 is your best for the price cus its so cheap, but if you are not changing any internals, and money is not a big issue that by all means go with the k24a2, more power. but the k24a1 is your best considering the price and they can handle about 450whp turboed. personally i would get the k24a1, because its cheaper and with the money you save you can get some other mods.

i second that! im tempted to buy a k24a1 after i get tired of my k20a3!

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    if your gonna do a k24/k20 sc make sure u get 11:5:1 compression pistons some cams,rods,valvetrain,a2 oil pump and some good headers and kpro and u will tear up the streets.....

Quote Originally Posted by ALL MotoR Ep3 View Post
    if your gonna do a k24/k20 sc make sure u get 11:5:1 compression pistons some cams,rods,valvetrain,a2 oil pump and some good headers and kpro and u will tear up the streets.....
    is it safe with 11:5:1 compression cuz im doing that same setup with my motor and people are telling me that comp. is to high..

11.5:1 is a little borderline. People have been doing it with s/c'd K20A motors and making decent power, but there are real risks. On the flip side there are people running RSX-s at 11.0:1 compression and have been doing it for years. I was looking at running something close to that, but the only shelf piston for the K24 frank at close to that compression ratio is a 11.1:1 from Wiseco and I haven't found anyone that has it in stock. I was running into time issues so I went with what I could find in stock and that was 10.2:1.

I personally would go nothing higher then 10.5:1 because I depend on my boost application to make the power and depend on the motor to stay intact. Increasing your compression in boost application is counter productive. Because generally you want a safe compression so you can turn up the boost and not worry about breaching that area were your compression is going to hurt your ability to boost more and effectively.

Thread Information