Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my k24a1 is in

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    the post in the boosted section with njslvrtypes, that is my car. on the turbo, i sent the turbo out on tuesday to precision and they told me its going to take 1 to 2 weeks for the turnaround. the turbo is really not that bad. just a bent turbine leave in the intake side and tiny pieces of metal inside. hopefully its not going to much to rebuild it. the motor is in and so is rbc intake manifold. i really want to get the mounts but i dont know which one should i get. can some one send me a link. i can use the same motor mount for k20 on a k24?

or may be i should get an alarm system before i get anything else.
    Last edited by supercivician; 05-30-2008 at 04:40 AM.

innovative makes nice mounts...i love my street versions....but ur gonna need a k24 crv mount for the passenger side (not sure if an after market company makes that yet) but since ur motor is already in u prob. kno that.

Quote Originally Posted by supercivician View Post
    or may be i should get an alarm system before i get anything else.
    Yes.

ephatch member
    can you still use the k20a3 ecu (kpro'd) with the k24a1 ? or would u need to kpro another k24a1 ecu?

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeNoZiDe View Post
    can you still use the k20a3 ecu (kpro'd) with the k24a1 ? or would u need to kpro another k24a1 ecu?
    if you have kpro on the a3 then no

Yes you can, KPro is usefull on all K series motors, the only Kpro thats different is the 2 for the RSX due to the added feature for the reverse gear lock out (Keeps you from throwing it in Reverse while driving). But Yes you can use the Ep3 Kpro for a K24a1.

ephatch member
    okay so now the bigger money question is if i got a k24a1 bottom + K20a2 head anda 5 spd ep3 tranny would the kpro'd ep3 ecu still work?? or would i need to obtain a kpro'd k20a2 ecu

haha ecu + engine mix and matches mmmmyyyyyy gaaaaawwwd LOL
    Last edited by GeNoZiDe; 06-06-2008 at 10:40 AM.

okay so now the bigger money question is if i got a k24a1 bottom + K20a2 head anda 5 spd ep3 tranny would the kpro'd ep3 ecu still work?? or would i need to obtain a kpro'd k20a2 ecu

haha ecu + engine mix and matches mmmmyyyyyy gaaaaawwwd LOL
    It will still work, the only thing the RSX-S Kpro is made for is the Lock out of Reverse while driving. There all universal in that sense. Now if you went with a 6th speed, I do believe you will then have to get a RSX-S Kpro, but I may be mistaken.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    It will still work, the only thing the RSX-S Kpro is made for is the Lock out of Reverse while driving. There all universal in that sense. Now if you went with a 6th speed, I do believe you will then have to get a RSX-S Kpro, but I may be mistaken.
    you only need the rsx-s k pro if you want the lockout solenoid on the six speed transmissions to work--you answered your own question
    gear ratios and fuel compensation is all done in kmanager from what i understand

Quote Originally Posted by thechromecoyote View Post
    do the ESMM while you are swapping the engine. They are only like $25 but much easier to install when you dont have an engine in the car.
    I have the ESMM's on ripped motor mounts and they are by far the best $30 mod I've done to my EP. I'm sure the Innovative Mounts work better, but the ESMM's completely eliminated wheel hop for me.
    The only downside is the K24 vibrates the car a little during idle, and a lot when the AC is on (However, some women say they like the way it vibrates the seat;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information