Close

problems after it dropped :)

i've read about the warranty stuff about, if your shit broke it then they wont cover it....

warranty....the only reason why i have not dropped it yet...

i want to drop it 1.5 with eibach springs.... with stock shocks....

what problems could come up or have come up for you, because of dropping your car...

all i can think of is scratching bottom. also how neccessary is a camber kit for a max of 1.5 inch drop?

thanks

Mad JDM Vtec Hax Yo! ep3civic2nr's Avatar
    you wont scrape with a 1.5" drop. and chances are nothings going to break with your suspension.

ya well im an incredibly unlucky person so i want to know what can happen cause there is a chance that it will....

also what about camber, how important? just bought new tires little while ago, dont want to **** them up

Naw your car is gunna ride kool wit a 1.5 drop , I have a 2.0 skunk2 drop on my car with stock struts it rides pretty good even tho with some nice struts its gunna ride G but it rides good

dont worry about warranty, the only thing they can deny you for is the stock springs and shocks, if they try any bullshit then use the magnuson moss warranty act

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Moved...
    Mel

do yourself a favor and get aftermarket shocks at the same time. if you drop with eibach sportlines, it will blow your stock shocks.

all very helpful.....

and sorry you had to move it, i thought about that after i posted it.... i originally thought it was going to lean towards warranty aspects so i left it in general...but i was wrong
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    all very helpful.....

and sorry you had to move it, i thought about that after i posted it.... i originally thought it was going to lean towards warranty aspects so i left it in general...but i was wrong
    thanks
    No worries. Just keeping it organized .
    Mel

From everything i have seen, unless your an extreme auto crosser stock struts will do for a year or so with a 1.5'' drop. After looking at how much struts cost and a descent set of springs i am just going to do low end tein's or skunk2 coil overs.

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    do yourself a favor and get aftermarket shocks at the same time. if you drop with eibach sportlines, it will blow your stock shocks.
    Exactly. I went ghetto as well (stockies with Eibachs) and I was only able to get ~1 year of use before I started having issues. If I were to do it all over again I would've saved and installed my D-specs at the same time.
    Mel

ephatch member
    1.5 wong get u any scarp.....i think u should buy the camber kit to adjust the toe, make sure ur tires wont eat fast than normal...... and get an good alignment aftward

Quote Originally Posted by CivicS View Post
    1.5 wong get u any scarp.....i think u should buy the camber kit to adjust the toe, make sure ur tires wont eat fast than normal...... and get an good alignment aftward
    camber kits adjust camber, toe is adjusted by the tie rods on the front...
    Last edited by MugsyTheGr8; 05-15-2008 at 11:58 AM.

bit by the mod bug.. ohdamngetit's Avatar
    Definately get upgraded struts to match the drop springs. Look at it this way, why go through the hassle of installing the drop springs with stockies knowing that they are gonna blow in due time just to do it again to correct the problem? thats just my .02 cents

oh and get a rear camber kit too, I got the progress sport springs w/specs and my rear camber is off.

Banned
    At least get a rear camber kit and do an alignment. Your tires won't last very long if you don't. I heard of stock shocks lasting a while with a 1.5" drop, I think it might have to do with how well the roads are where you live though.

Thread Information