Close

Rbc disable dual runners?

Why can't I disable secondary intake runner in kpro? I see the option but it won't click.

Unless you are running a base RSX calibration then it wont be enabled to turn off.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    dual runners . . . RBC. . . . I am confused

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

the RBC intake mani (from the FG2) has two routes that the air can flow through the intake mani and into the combustion chamber. it is used in conjunction with vtec to lengthen or shorten the path of the air to the combustion chamber to maximize air flow and keep it more consistant, which means a smoother higher power curve. anyone chime in and correct me if i am wrong in this explanation

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    the RBC intake mani (from the FG2) has two routes that the air can flow through the intake mani and into the combustion chamber. it is used in conjunction with vtec to lengthen or shorten the path of the air to the combustion chamber to maximize air flow and keep it more consistant, which means a smoother higher power curve. anyone chime in and correct me if i am wrong in this explanation
    Ive never head of that, I thought only the base rsx had that set-up on there plastic intake manifold. The RBC has 1 plenum and 4 runners, thats why its not efficent on the k20a3 because there is not enough air velocity for all that flow

Legendary Ephatcher

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    Ive never head of that, I thought only the base rsx had that set-up on there plastic intake manifold. The RBC has 1 plenum and 4 runners, thats why its not efficent on the k20a3 because there is not enough air velocity for all that flow
    its possible, lol like i said i wasent sure on it. that is just my understanding on dual runners. i like to talk out of my ass sometimes....haha i dont think pizza is running an A3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    its possible, lol like i said i wasent sure on it. that is just my understanding on dual runners. i like to talk out of my ass sometimes....haha i dont think pizza is running an A3 though.
    no sir lol, the RBC only has one rout to flow im not saying he has an a3 im stating the RBC only has 4 runners not dual runners (8/ 4 short/ 4 long)

Legendary Ephatcher

then i am dumb...lol my blond moment for the day. glad i got it out early...haha

So I'm confused am I wanting to turn it off or no? The Rbc doesn't have dual runners, will that mess me up if it's enabled?

10.80@138 mph
    If you have a PNF ecu from the SI this option should not be available. Leave it as is and dont worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    So I'm confused am I wanting to turn it off or no? The Rbc doesn't have dual runners, will that mess me up if it's enabled?
    You don't need to turn it off. The feature doesn't exist in your intake manifold so it won't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    You don't need to turn it off. The feature doesn't exist in your intake manifold so it won't make any difference.
    Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up.

I just saw the unclickable box has a checkmark in it and was thinking it was stuck on.

Thread Information