Close

Thread: Rear cargo tray

Rear cargo tray

just wondering if anybody picked one up when they got their car and how it looks because I was thinking of picking one up.

Cargo Tray

Although it isn't as interesting as struts and springs and wheels and tires and CTR wings...and Hondata ECUs, Comptech headers and exhaust systems...I got a cargo tray and it's doing a nice job of keeping my cargo area from getting F%@KED up. Bear in mind though, that when you fold the seats down to put something big in, you need to find a place for it. :p

(monkeys really like cargo trays)

The seats fold forward

Why would the cargo tray be in the way if the seats fold forward?

I bought the cargo tray, brought the box home, opened the box up and promptly returned to the dealership with receipt in hand to return it. It is a good design made out of plastic with a rubber bottom. There is a 2 or 3 inch lip all away around the perimeter, this is good for spills and wet things but if you want to fold down the rear seats for big/long items you have a 3 inch lip to deal with, and if you do leave it in the lip becomes bent and distorted. Not only that but if you have a sub in the back there is no way to mount the box without drilling through the tray and even if you did it would be nearly impossible to remove. My advice is that if you don

ephatch member
    yeah they threw it in as part of the package when i bought it. i took it out same day. I still have it (some dust on it) if you are interested

Why not cut out the back lip? then you would get the best of both worlds. Or just save yourself a ton of money and buy a roll of diamond-plate rubber matting and cut your own. You can get the rubber mat at Griot's Garage That's what I plan on doing. I think it comes out to about half price.

Turbo EP
    Good idea,I'll try that too. I also do not want that 2-3" lip in the way.

Thread Information