Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Advice

Color Advice

Back in 2004, I walk back to my car after a nice night of dining out only to find deep key marks on my Drivers side door and rear quarter panel. I damn near fainted. and then my friend says " Uhhh maybe you should come look at this side too Mike" ... yeah key marks on both doors and both rear quarters. What a crappy situation.

So after many years of not really caring about the exterior of my car, my tax return is gonna fix all that. I'm gonna be painting it soon, but I need some advice from you guys.

I'll be going black again, but not Nighthawk. I'm looking for a deep black. I was thinking about M3 black. The RS4 Phantom black is also very deep. Anyone know any other deep blacks ? I also thought about changing colors... but going black again is the cheapest option.

Any advice is greatly appreciated !

Quote Originally Posted by jshin03 View Post
    Back in 2004, I walk back to my car after a nice night of dining out only to find deep key marks on my Drivers side door and rear quarter panel. I damn near fainted. and then my friend says " Uhhh maybe you should come look at this side too Mike" ... yeah key marks on both doors and both rear quarters. What a crappy situation.

So after many years of not really caring about the exterior of my car, my tax return is gonna fix all that. I'm gonna be painting it soon, but I need some advice from you guys.

I'll be going black again, but not Nighthawk. I'm looking for a deep black. I was thinking about M3 black. The RS4 Phantom black is also very deep. Anyone know any other deep blacks ? I also thought about changing colors... but going black again is the cheapest option.

Any advice is greatly appreciated !

if it were me id go with a professionally done flat black...do it just like the skunk2 ep3...thats my plan if i ever do a repaint, its either this flat black or champ white

Last edited by RedSiBaron; 05-15-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

This dude is obviously looking for something highly reflective/glossy, not flat black.

I'm with you OP, nothing looks better than nice deep black paint. But I don't have any recommendations for you

bump for a nice question. i wanna repaint my car too!

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOW EP3 View Post

This dude is obviously looking for something highly reflective/glossy, not flat black.

I'm with you OP, nothing looks better than nice deep black paint. But I don't have any recommendations for you
    easy tiger... i dont see where its obvious that he wants something highly reflective... his only inquiry was about a deep black.

IMO - flat black is hellah sexy... but not practical for me.

i was thinking about the same thing .. like a m3 black... iam not feeling the nighthawk too much anymore.... but i was thinking of doin a milano red !!!

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    Cosmic Grey!

some kind of white.... i hated white cars with a passion until i saw an ep sporting it... i have nhbp and i feel bad because sometimes i am jealous of the taffy ones

Mercedes Benz black is the nicest black I've seen.

yeah something like a benz black or go with milano red

some good points so far. Milano Red .. meh .. passed on that color when i got my car, so don't feel I should paint it that color now.

Flat black is nice and does look good, but not for me. I do want something reflective though. A nice deep black with a good layer of clear on top.

I'm really leaning towards M3 black, but the Mercedes black is very nice as well. The nighthawk was nice, but I've grown out of it now.

Whatever I choose, I will be sure to post pics of the new spray !

edit: Audi's Phantom Black is also very nice.
    Last edited by jshin03; 05-16-2008 at 05:45 PM.

some good points so far. Milano Red .. meh .. passed on that color when i got my car, so don't feel I should paint it that color now.

Flat black is nice and does look good, but not for me. I do want something reflective though. A nice deep black with a good layer of clear on top.

I'm really leaning towards M3 black, but the Mercedes black is very nice as well. The nighthawk was nice, but I've grown out of it now.

Whatever I choose, I will be sure to post pics of the new spray !
    you know what you can do...contact house of color paints and ask them what their Deepest blacks are and they can send you samples so you can see for yourself...make a decision that way
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    you know what you can do...contact house of color paints and ask them what their Deepest blacks are and they can send you samples so you can see for yourself...make a decision that way
    whoa ... never even thought of that. any websites that you would know off the top of your head? And what are the paint brands I should be looking out for? I would assume PPG and Duplicolor(not sure of this one) would be the major players? Don't know too much about paint brands, any brands i'm missing?
    Last edited by jshin03; 05-16-2008 at 05:51 PM.

get m3 black with orange flakes

whoa ... never even thought of that. any websites that you would know off the top of your head? And what are the paint brands I should be looking out for? I would assume PPG and Duplicolor(not sure of this one) would be the major players? Don't know too much about paint brands, any brands i'm missing?
    dupont is a big name, duplicolor is cheap...

one of the best would be house of kolor...its expensive but its the best...http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/index.jsp

sherwin williams has a pretty decent top of the line paint, but they also have a cheaper line of paint, that is pretty good but its just not AS good as their good line...
    my ep is white...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information