Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Makin it rain

Post Supercharge A3 or A2 Swap

probably has been asked a lot but on a local forum i was seeing what people think and besides the usual bashing of the ep3, they were saying jrsc fuel management, k pro would not be good enough to hit 13's. I just said i wanted a little more zip not to be the fastest thing around (have turbo'd ek) so I was wondering if anyone has hit 13's with it and what they run with A2 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    probably has been asked a lot but on a local forum i was seeing what people think and besides the usual bashing of the ep3, they were saying jrsc fuel management, k pro would not be good enough to hit 13's. I just said i wanted a little more zip not to be the fastest thing around (have turbo'd ek) so I was wondering if anyone has hit 13's with it and what they run with A2 swap.
    i think guardian was in the 13 when he had his boosted a3. hes k24 now running low 13 maybe 12. but im turboing my a3, supercharging is weak in my eye but you said you dont want to be the fastest thing but it will have some zip though. i think to supercharge a a3 is alot cheaper than to swap it.

whats your goal? to hit 13s or just to have like 180 - 220hp??

the jrsc option is alot cheaper. i have the jrsc-s and the race kit is going on next month. i put down 182whp and 165ft-lbs with jrsc-s/cai/h/tp/e. it's really fun and having power right when i step on it is nice. i don't know about hitting 13s though, but i did stay right next to my friend with a mustang gt from 30-110mph and he ran 13.8 last time at the track. plus the sound of the whine is nice

Makin it rain
    looking more for hp numbers i guess you could say. just someone on the site said 13's were not do'able. i think i have my mind set on the jrsc with bolt ons. I have been browsing threads on here and someone mentioned supercharger.com? any other cheaper places? would used be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    i think guardian was in the 13 when he had his boosted a3. hes k24 now running low 13 maybe 12. but im turboing my a3, supercharging is weak in my eye but you said you dont want to be the fastest thing but it will have some zip though. i think to supercharge a a3 is alot cheaper than to swap it.

whats your goal? to hit 13s or just to have like 180 - 220hp??
    shit im about to break in the 11's son full interior at that

i dont see you hitting 13s with the jrsc buy my turbo kit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post

damn dude! 11s! thats on point! wat was your best time with the a3?

I'd like to see what welltall hits in a quarter mile
    especially after he gets that new gearset cause as it is his first gear lasts like a second and second is gone in a flash as well.

Makin it rain
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post

11's? WATCH OUT! be very impressive. i am gonna stay away from turbo on this car as my coupe has b16a2 turbo. Is there a supercharged sticky anywhere that i'm not seeing? I see lots of old posts from '04.

looking more for hp numbers i guess you could say. just someone on the site said 13's were not do'able. i think i have my mind set on the jrsc with bolt ons. I have been browsing threads on here and someone mentioned supercharger.com? any other cheaper places? would used be bad?
    check out jerseyjew, he was doing low 13's with his jrsc-r with boltons. Hell, I did a 13.8 with mine on toyo's lowered to 24 psi. Can be done no problem with good driving. Definately gonna see much higher gains with a turbo, but for overall simplicity and a good streetable powerband, the jrsc will do just fine. Numbers will range from 180-250 whp depending on supporting mods and tune. Panthrasher was hitting 250+ whp with his, oogyboogy was also damn close to that. If you need any help, feel free to PM anytime.
    Last edited by kaisertj; 05-18-2008 at 09:57 PM.

For what it's worth, the K20A2 has a lot more potential and options as far as modding goes. But supercharging your A3 might be more cost effective.

11's? WATCH OUT! be very impressive. i am gonna stay away from turbo on this car as my coupe has b16a2 turbo. Is there a supercharged sticky anywhere that i'm not seeing? I see lots of old posts from '04.
    server crashed or something like that which deleted all of our useful information we created over the years. 13s is doable in a jrsc race and bolt ons and some weight reduction and alot of time practicing.

Neither, keep it stock. I see no point in having two modded cars. Keep the EP as a DD and put the money into your EK. One money pit is bad enough...

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epshtielsl View Post
    Neither, keep it stock. I see no point in having two modded cars. Keep the EP as a DD and put the money into your EK. One money pit is bad enough...
    Along that line of thinking, and that you're looking more towards HP, do an A2 with bolt-ons. You can tune that with K-Pro to (usually) just under 200 WHP, and you'll keep the daily driveability on your EP3 and get to have more fun in the real money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    Along that line of thinking, and that you're looking more towards HP, do an A2 with bolt-ons. You can tune that with K-Pro to (usually) just under 200 WHP, and you'll keep the daily driveability on your EP3 and get to have more fun in the real money pit.
    or

6-speed & hondata it should make it zipper and a gas saver on the free way :P 3k rpm at 80 mph :P.

Makin it rain
    well i thought about selling the ek but still undecided on that. i see everyones point and appreciate all the info. would 6spd lsd be better with supercharged A3 or stock lsd?
    Last edited by shortstop; 05-19-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: new info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information