Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    well i thought about selling the ek but still undecided on that. i see everyones point and appreciate all the info. would 6spd lsd be better with supercharged A3 or stock lsd?
    I assuming your thinking about the 2006+ civic si 6spd lsd transmission? I believe the conversion is do-able but might have trouble with speed sensor because of low voltage reading vs high voltage reading or something like that. Generally if your swapping a 6 spd in i believe the best candidate are the 02-04 rsx-s transmission. As far as what is better for boost a 6spd w/ lsd or a 5spd w/ lsd? for boost purposes the talling gearing in the 5spd will be better for you, but the 6spd gearing would be better for dailying driving IE: freeway.

Makin it rain
    Quote Originally Posted by civichbsi209 View Post
    I assuming your thinking about the 2006+ civic si 6spd lsd transmission? I believe the conversion is do-able but might have trouble with speed sensor because of low voltage reading vs high voltage reading or something like that. Generally if your swapping a 6 spd in i believe the best candidate are the 02-04 rsx-s transmission. As far as what is better for boost a 6spd w/ lsd or a 5spd w/ lsd? for boost purposes the talling gearing in the 5spd will be better for you, but the 6spd gearing would be better for dailying driving IE: freeway.
    someone was talkin bout a2 block with a3 head to get everything to fit my needs.

Dunno why you would use the a3 head. Just swap in a complete K20a2 or K24a2. It's always good to start with a better platform. A JRSC-R K20a3 isn't really that fast, plus you would need full bolt ons (JRSC + Kpro + RH + E + I = mad $$$$$). Just get the swap and call it a day.

As for the EK, sell it. More money for the EP

n/a ftw....swap that bish....want some encouragement?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    someone was talkin bout a2 block with a3 head to get everything to fit my needs.
    switching out your k20a3 block in general would be a nicer bottom end and you wont have to worry about your bottom end crapping out on you if you plan to do more then jsut jrsc. But then your restricting your self with the set-up of the k20a3 and s/c. The gains for just the block of the k20a2 would not even be cost effective when your k20a3 block should surffice with the current power combo your using. The only reason I would suggest you get the k20a2 vs the k20a3 is if you change your power add mod to a turbo and had a k20a2 bottom end available and did not have the funds to purchase forged internals instead for the k20a3. It doesnt make sense to swap your bottom end if your sticking with the s/c, unless you plan on adding more boost + methanol/nos. At that point where you will be introducing more power/abuse on your bottom end then maybe you can think about upgrade for stock parts or swapping out the k20a2. A swap for the power combo you plan on using doesnt make sense, unless you plan on do more in the future. And as the other member mention if your going that route, a k24a1 would be cheaper or then a k20a2 complete. There really no point of just getting the k20a2 if your doing just jrsc. It be better to buy forged internals/k20a2 crankshaft and swap oil pan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information