Close

Anyone using a 3" pulley on there JSSC-R

wondering if anyone is using the 3" pulley for the a3. since i got one i was wondering if i should use it or get the 3.8" like everyone else.

i got the k20z1 head on the a3 bottom and was wondering if it will be overkill if i use the 3" pulley. the previous owner says the 3" on the a3 is like 13-15psi of boost.

The problem I've read with that in past threads was that the JRSC wasn't made to boost that much. It wasn't designed to spin that fast.

Don't run that pulley. The problem isn't the speed but the heat generated by the blower at that boost level.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    Don't run that pulley. The problem isn't the speed but the heat generated by the blower at that boost level.
    I was told this wheni began inquiring about running a smaller pulley than the 3.8.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Reasons a 3.0" pulley would NOT be good for you....

-You are running the wrong CRANK pulley to properly take advantage of the 3.0" pulley. You would need to swap to the K20a2 crank pulley and that would put you somewhere in the realm of 11psi if you did do that.

-You would almost immediately blow something attempting to do this. Your boost would shoot to 15psi of boost give or take a psi.

-You would detonate like a mofo without some sort of HIGH octane, some sort of cooling system, proper injectors/fuel system and a proper tune.

-M62 blowers efficiency isn't as good after 11-12psi and even at that boost level its debatable whether its efficient without an aftercooler, intercooler, or some sort of water/methanl injection system to cool down the blower.

-You really would need a return line and applicable pump to run properly.

-Belt tension with the JR manual tensioner would be a nightmare and I'm sure you'd shed belts like Paris Hilton loses clothes.

So yea.....bad idea with the current crank pulley you have installed. I would recommend the 3.8" or 3.7" pulley and call it a day. They are almost equivalent to the 3.0" with the K20a2 crank pulley installed and would not require changing the crank pulley to run plus would keep the blower rpms down a tad.

thanks guys i'll put the 4" pulley on for now and when i get more money i'll get the 3.8" and then get a proper tune

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaoKidd2k View Post
    thanks guys i'll put the 4" pulley on for now and when i get more money i'll get the 3.8" and then get a proper tune
    You'll love that extra bit of oomph from the 3.8 and tune.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Def a no.

After looking at your members ride I would recommend that you have your throttle body bored and port match the JR housing that connects to the TB.

Also, what is the diameter of your Injen? Is it the 3"?
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    Def a no.

After looking at your members ride I would recommend that you have your throttle body bored and port match the JR housing that connects to the TB.

Also, what is the diameter of your Injen? Is it the 3"?
    The injen cai is i think 2.5".
    i know i need the 3" and that way more air will go through. i was thinkin about just replacing the TB with a aftermarket one.

just don't have the funds for that yet. next month is the one year aniv for me and the gf so i need to save some cash for her gift.

dude.....the 3.8 is awesome just you wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by coastiejack View Post
    dude.....the 3.8 is awesome just you wait.......
    is that you jovon?

The 3.8" pulley is for punks

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    i know i need the 3" and that way more air will go through. i was thinkin about just replacing the TB with a aftermarket one.

just don't have the funds for that yet. next month is the one year aniv for me and the gf so i need to save some cash for her gift.
    If you pick up the 3" and sell yours it's a wash.

Don't buy an aftermarket TB. Waste of $. If you're worried about down time save your cash, buy another TB and send it out to get bored. After swapping them you can sell your OEM TB.

Good man...treat the GF.
    Mel

is that you jovon?
    YES SIR IT IS

get her a bored tb and a 3.8" pulley

now that i think about it.. our (me and my gf) 3 year anniversary is coming up in a few months.. haha damn i'm on the same boat as you.

Good luck with your install man. I'm gonna be installing mine in about 3 weeks if i can piece together all of the parts

Thread Information