Close

Thread: dyno pull

ephatch member

dyno pull

I went to a dyno to tune my car. After the first pull I realized my clutch slips so I am post-poning it. Was not bad numbers. Here is a video of driving to the dyno and the one pull. The first car on the dyno is an 08 VW turbo...it did 210 whp. My car did 251whp and 225trq at 9psi untuned 80deg 20% humidity. I put my rev limit at 6500. At 5k rpms my trq drops pretty fast due to clutch and the fact I have a good 6-10 degrees of timing pulled for saftely. A/F is tuned really well. steady 11.5:1 under boost. I also ran once in the 1/8th mile for 8.7 on street tires spinning a bit until 3rd gear. Hopefully will have the clutch done in a month or two and then back to the dyno. It was a Dynojet. Yes I was short shifting when I was driving to the dyno but you can see its pretty quik alsready, at 14.0psi I hope to make my goal of 300whp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ujiF9skDo
    Last edited by cukali; 05-21-2008 at 06:12 PM.

nice

mods?

Yo cukali those are good numbers whats your setup? and also I hear compression surge, be careful that bad for your turbo, check vacum lines or adjust your Bov.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by civsirmt View Post
    mods?
    K24A1 full motor swap.
    650cc injectors
    Revhard manifold
    Custom piping and cooler
    Megan exhaust
    test pipe
    K-pro
    t3/t4 Turbo 0.63 AR. Getting a different hot side or buying a new garret with water cooling also. Not sure yet.

Oh, my BOV was messed up that day...after watching the video I heard the surging at low pipe pressures. New valve instelled and it sounds great...posting another video soon.
    Last edited by cukali; 05-21-2008 at 06:32 PM.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayayin View Post
    Yo cukali those are good numbers whats your setup? and also I hear compression surge, be careful that bad for your turbo, check vacum lines or adjust your Bov.

lol...I already fixed the BOV that day. Was an old tore-up HKS...I rebuilt it but put another new one in....You posted while I was writing the last post..

I heard it when I watch the video....I play to loud of music.

... that just gave me a thick rubbery one...

Any clearance issues with the EX mani/turbo and the firewall?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    ... that just gave me a thick rubbery one...

Any clearance issues with the EX mani/turbo and the firewall?
    None. I have a fairly large turbo also. Still lots of room...I will take a quik vid and post for you.

im green!!
    i wish i could hear a bov everyday. such a satisfying sound :) ahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by todaamann View Post
    i wish i could hear a bov everyday. such a satisfying sound :) ahhhh
    a supercharger whine sounds better

nice car man, sounds sick and looks fast as hell

Quote Originally Posted by cukali View Post
    None. I have a fairly large turbo also. Still lots of room...I will take a quik vid and post for you.
    Or just some installed pix would be great. I know a sidewinder mani would be best... but i dunno if i wanna invest that much into my first turbo setup for a K engine. If there is some clearance and it doesnt look like there is too much issue with possible overheating of the steering rack and other local parts... i might try a turbo setup. I love the simplicity of the SC... but i know im gonna wanna turn it up, and thats where the SC is limited.

I know i would want to stick around 8-10psi for daily use. So i really wouldnt need a beastly snail. That should help with the size limitation somewhat. I dig the sound of the wastegate... which is it?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Or just some installed pix would be great. I know a sidewinder mani would be best... but i dunno if i wanna invest that much into my first turbo setup for a K engine. If there is some clearance and it doesnt look like there is too much issue with possible overheating of the steering rack and other local parts... i might try a turbo setup. I love the simplicity of the SC... but i know im gonna wanna turn it up, and thats where the SC is limited.

I know i would want to stick around 8-10psi for daily use. So i really wouldnt need a beastly snail. That should help with the size limitation somewhat. I dig the sound of the wastegate... which is it?
    Just buy a SS Heatshield and attach it to the turbo. It really keeps the radiant heat away. I have just the shield and thats all and I have no problems with heat under the hood. You could also heatwrap the downpipe but its not nessasary. Oh, I did put some heat tape on the heater hoses wich is pretty simple. The side mounting header creates much more heat and you will need to wrap everything near it. The RevHard manifold is so small and its cast that it is no worse than the factory header imo.

Looks good man just get the clutch fixed and you should have no problem getting to 300whp if not more.

Thread Information