Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jrsc-r vs. k24

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar

Jrsc-r vs. k24

I tried to search this topic but to no avail. I want honest opinions for these two options. I am contemplating jrsc-r on my a3, but the motor swap looks a lot cheaper. If i do swap which motor should I go with, i like rpm cuz it is fun to see that needle swing up there pretty high.

which k24?

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    well my a1 dose not rev to the sky but i don't need it too lol. the car os pretty quick i think for what it is. then i will supercharge that!
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

another one of these threads? lol thats like 3 now lol but its all good lol

i would swap in the k24a1 and then boost it later! its a better starting point than the a4 cause the head flows MUCH better and its got beefer internals than the a4

Jrsc install is a lot easier to install, it may be a little more expensive but its possible to find a good deal on a used sc. Not to mention the jrsc retains its value, you can take it off when you sell the car. I think that jrsc-r with supporting mods is faster than most k24 engines. And if you say that k24 is pretty cheap than you are talking about k24a1. Jrsc-r will definately take a stock k24a1.
    Hope this helps

but a k24a1 s/c would smoke an a3 s/c lol

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    but a k24a1 s/c would smoke an a3 s/c lol
    yup. as the domestic guys often say, no replacement for displacement.

lol but i love my 2.0L

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    im curious to when i dyno my car. i think a k24 with cams and all the boltons are faster than a a3 with a street kit? ive seen guys with street kits make like 190hp and like 150-160tq. the racekit is another story but am i close with the street kit?

I might be dead wrong but my pulls hard in all gears with 100+pounds of dead weight in the trunk from subs.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Well can anyone find a price break down of how much a build of a K24a1 would be in comparison to the race kit for the a3. I want the most power for my money while still looking legal out here in cali.

boost>N/A

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    another one of these threads? lol thats like 3 now lol but its all good lol

i would swap in the k24a1 and then boost it later! its a better starting point than the a4 cause the head flows MUCH better and its got beefer internals than the a4
    Anyone know which jrsc kit that would take and if it will clear everything or do you have to hack up the bay? also any one know what kind of numbers that setup will put down?

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    im curious to when i dyno my car. i think a k24 with cams and all the boltons are faster than a a3 with a street kit? ive seen guys with street kits make like 190hp and like 150-160tq. the racekit is another story but am i close with the street kit?

I might be dead wrong but my pulls hard in all gears with 100+pounds of dead weight in the trunk from subs.
    Depending on the k24, it would probably be faster than a street kit a3 (the street kit is pretty weak, honestly). I don't have any numbers on hand to back that up though.

Quote Originally Posted by sloweredcivic View Post
    Anyone know which jrsc kit that would take and if it will clear everything or do you have to hack up the bay? also any one know what kind of numbers that setup will put down?
    You should be able to use the EP-specific kit. The k24 is just slightly taller, so forward clearance is the same. I've seen at least one blown k24 on EPHatch before, so maybe he/she will hop in soon and give a definite answer.

10.80@138 mph
    Quote Originally Posted by k_20 View Post
    yup. as the domestic guys often say, no replacement for displacement.
    except boost :der:

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Well can anyone find a price break down of how much a build of a K24a1 would be in comparison to the race kit for the a3. I want the most power for my money while still looking legal out here in cali.
    Jrsc-r vs k24a1 swap would be very close to price if your doing all the labor work yourself and wait and search for good prices on both. Maybe just a few hundreds in saving with the jrsc-r if you get it for cheap. so basically if your doing all the labor yourself it be around 300-700.00 cheaper. if you have someone esle do it the saving would be more of like 600-1400 cheaper. this is a generally range depending on quality of parts and who charging you for labor. The bad thing is if you stick with just jrsc-r and find out you want a different motor/fi combo. thats when you start losing money. So most of us opt for you to take the better engine. but if you live in nazi-cali and fear the dragnet crack down you wouldnt changer your motor for a k24a unless its a k24a2(tsx) or k20z (2006+si) k24a1 is a no no because its out of a suv.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information