Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jrsc-r vs. k24

Banned
    Using superunleaded sucks.........

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Great thank you civichbsi209 that is the best info I have gotten in a long time. How about the K24a4 with the K24a1 head on it. Not an suv motor and the heads look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    i would swap in the k24a1 and then boost it later! its a better starting point than the a4 cause the head flows MUCH better and its got beefer internals than the a4
    x 2!

it all depends who you ask , i went with a n/a k24a2 works well with me

why boost?

Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Great thank you civichbsi209 that is the best info I have gotten in a long time. How about the K24a4 with the K24a1 head on it. Not an suv motor and the heads look the same.
    You probably run into problems if the k24a4 is stock. I believe the k24a block that is s direct bolt on with out piston to valve contact is the k24a1/k24a2 if you go for the k24a4. you will need to upgrad rods and piston and probably clay the motor to make sure there is not piston to valve contact. If your thinking of a k24a4 and putting a k20a2 on it might as well just get the k24a2. I know it is hard to find and ridiculous over priced. But if you bar and smog it a ep3 k24a2 is nice to have driving around and not worry about being pulled over and getting the towed for illegal k20a/k24a engine modification. Me personally If i had the cash flow agian I would do a straight 2007+ si engine swap overhaul and get it certified and be happy :P. But do what you think is best. I started with the k20a3 stock engine thinking it be my engine, now i have k20a2 and thinking of selling it to get a k24a (something about the massive trq justs makes me want to get it).
    Last edited by civichbsi209; 05-20-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Well would I be able to put the K24a1 head on the a3 bottom end and get more power then supercharge that combination

Well would I be able to put the K24a1 head on the a3 bottom end and get more power then supercharge that combination
    yep, lots of boosted guys do that since the k24a1 head flows better

Quote Originally Posted by zzfinaldropzz View Post
    boost>N/A
    u seem to be confused sir lol

n/a>>>>boost

I would say if you get a whole k24a1 and run it. If your worry about trying to stay legal.. pretty much almost anything you do at this point is useless and illegal unless its a straight 2006+si engine or k24a2 engine swap.. and even then restriction applies.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    Using superunleaded sucks.........
    Ya...the $2 difference to fill the tank breaks me. j/k.

ephatch member
    I tried to search this topic but to no avail. I want honest opinions for these two options. I am contemplating jrsc-r on my a3, but the motor swap looks a lot cheaper. If i do swap which motor should I go with, i like rpm cuz it is fun to see that needle swing up there pretty high.
    If you do the JRSC on the K20, what will be your next step for increased power down the road?

If you do the K24 swap what will be your next step for power increase down the road?

the K24A1 swap IS cheaper, and if you do it use the whole engine including the head.

A K24A1 with JRSC puts down way more power than a K20A3 with a JRSC.

So if this is your only mod for the rest of owning the car get the JRSC. If not get the swap. Of course swapping down the road is an option but both will need K-pro.

Yeah I already have kpro so that is the good thang my friend. I think I will do the supercharger with cams. I don't need an unbelieveable amount of power since i have a 1973 celica as well that I will be building an sr20det race motor for.

sound like ya figured out whats best for ya

yeah I just want to break into the 13's with it and I will be very very pleased with it.

i have the k24a1 head on a a3 bottom end, but im turbod. i dont think you're gonna get much from the head swap unless you're boosted or going with big cams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information