Close

Thread: k20a2 crank

Makin it rain

k20a2 crank

i think i have read that its a decent power adder to the a3. maybe i am misinformed but i can't find where to post this or look it up. bolt right up or need modification or not worth it? Found one for 150/offer local. Take or leave?

take it and get it micropolished/balanced

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    The crank itself won't add any power (a2 and a3 have the same stroke). With other upgraded parts, it can allow you to safely rev higher than stock internals.

The A2 crank will gain you nothing in WHP. If you do use the crank you will need to swap the rods as well (different rod journal bore dia's).
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

OR...you can do this. i bet ima get wtf y from saying this but dont knock ....just swap bottom ends. put the a2block/a3 head and u have everything without swapping internals..

my friend did this to his teggy, he has itr block/ls head and he even said it himself hes impressed with the setup but hes not gunna keep it for long. Hes gunna turbo it and put a vtec head on it lololol. i dont think its EVER been done on any kseries motor but its like having a frank.

Makin it rain
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJoint316 View Post
    OR...you can do this. i bet ima get wtf y from saying this but dont knock ....just swap bottom ends. put the a2block/a3 head and u have everything without swapping internals..

my friend did this to his teggy, he has itr block/ls head and he even said it himself hes impressed with the setup but hes not gunna keep it for long. Hes gunna turbo it and put a vtec head on it lololol. i dont think its EVER been done on any kseries motor but its like having a frank.
    nice work. never thought of that but that fits what i am lookin for cause then i could still get the ep super charger and like you said have everything else. hmmm....so many decisions. looks like i need to sell the ek

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJoint316 View Post

definitely right about getting a fair share of wtf's...
    if you are switching off the whole bottom end of a superior block, why would you go off and maintain the crappy head that the a3 has? if you are swapping a bottom end out for an a2, swap the whole damn thing--the whole engine will be out of the bay already anyway. don't skimp out, and go and get kpro

from what i understand you are looking towards building the engine (if you are ripping the whole block apart thats what i get from it)--kpro should be on the top of your priority list.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    nice work. never thought of that but that fits what i am lookin for cause then i could still get the ep super charger and like you said have everything else. hmmm....so many decisions. looks like i need to sell the ek
    the ep supercharger fits both the a2 and a3--the manifold design is different to accommodate the fact that we have less space up front than the rsx

Makin it rain
    ok. i have to make up my mind here. Do I...

A) Sell my 99 civic gsr turbo and supercharge kpro i h e the A3

B) Keep the 99 and keep the A3 stock

C) Sell the 99 and keep the A3 stock

motor swaps are out of the question and the kicker is I found out I am going to have a baby YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    ok. i have to make up my mind here. Do I...

A) Sell my 99 civic gsr turbo and supercharge kpro i h e the A3

B) Keep the 99 and keep the A3 stock

C) Sell the 99 and keep the A3 stock

motor swaps are out of the question and the kicker is I found out I am going to have a baby YAY!
    I choose B

Keep the a3 block swap internals.. Oil squirters = t3h gh3y.

Thread Information