Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC5-S mid-pipe fitment on EP

Here's the deal. I have the DC5-R 4-2 headers & 2-1 cat. I'm currently running the Magnaflow cat-back, modded to fit the DC5-R cat. When they modded my midpipe they messed it up. It hangs too low & scrapes every speedbump. How well would the 05' DC5-S mid-pipe fit w/ my magnaflow? Also, I am keeping the Magnaflow res.

all rsx-s, dc5 itr and ep3 ctr midpipes and headers are the same length and interchangeable amongst the ep3 and dc5. the axle back must be ep3 specific.

Quote Originally Posted by k_20 View Post
    all rsx-s, dc5 itr and ep3 ctr midpipes and headers are the same length and interchangeable amongst the ep3 and dc5. the axle back must be ep3 specific.
    I always thought that the DC5-S mid-pipe had to be shortened a few inches.

2008 Mercedes C350
    So if you have a RSX spec header and cat, you need rsx spec midpipe with ep3 spec axleback. No cutting at all necessary.

I would just add to this that the USDM EP3 and the base model RSX have different bolt up points from the cat to the midpipe than the above mentioned set ups. So these are not a direct bolt up to the above mentioned.

Um, kinda.

the rsx-s, dc5-r, and ep3 CTR are the same, but not just your regular USDM ep3.

The type-s header is about 3" longer than the ep3 header, and the type-s mid pipe is about 3" shorter than the EP3 mid pipe.

The type-s header and mid pipe will work fine with an EP3 specific catback exhaust though.

length wise you guys are correct, however sometimes if you get an after market midpipe you might have to cut the flange off of your oem ep3 si axel back and weld a new one on as is the case in my current situation.

Just to restate, I have a JDM DC5-R 4-2header & 2-1 cat, not a DC5-S header.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post
    the rsx-s, dc5-r, and ep3 CTR are the same, but not just your regular USDM ep3.
    We have a winner!!!

If you wanted to use the RSX pipe intact, the question with the Magnaflow is: is the flange connection between the midpipe and axleback the same as stock. If you could interchange a stock axleback onto the Magnaflow midpipe or vice versa then the RSX midpipe will fit without mods, the length and bend are correct for the ITR header.

If you're keeping the Magnaflow resonator, the RSX pipe might still be a good "donor" as the bend is correct at the cat flange end. Will need to verify that dia. will work and you have enough length after cutting the stock resonator off.

Quote Originally Posted by 05silversi View Post
    We have a winner!!!

If you wanted to use the RSX pipe intact, the question with the Magnaflow is: is the flange connection between the midpipe and axleback the same as stock. If you could interchange a stock axleback onto the Magnaflow midpipe or vice versa then the RSX midpipe will fit without mods, the length and bend are correct for the ITR header.

If you're keeping the Magnaflow resonator, the RSX pipe might still be a good "donor" as the bend is correct at the cat flange end. Will need to verify that dia. will work and you have enough length after cutting the stock resonator off.
    Thanks. The dia. for the 05'-06' DC5-S piping is 2 1/4", just like the Magnaflow. I just need to keep the header flange from hitting every speed bump, it's really annoying.

Here is a pic showing the EP3 midpipe. The redline shows were the DC5 midpipe to cat flange is located at.

The mid-pipe to axleback flange location is the same exact location between the two chassis. The axleback on the DC5S and EP3 have the same exact pipe length but the DC5S muffler is 3" longer and it's hangars are placed 3" further back as well.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ok so let me get this straight type-s B pipe will fit with US ep3? and the type-s muffler WILL NOT fit on the ep3?

Quote Originally Posted by frm_808 View Post
    ok so let me get this straight type-s B pipe will fit with US ep3? and the type-s muffler WILL NOT fit on the ep3?
    type-s b pipe will fit the US EP3 in 2 conditions.

1. you get a type-s header and cat with the type-s b pipe and EP3 OEM axleback.

OR

2. you keep the EP3 header and cat. THEN you modify the TYPE-S b pipe (by extending it 3") then use the OEM axleback.

understand?

im running a spoon 4-2, 2-1 race header with spoon midpipe and ep3 axleback. since the spoon setup is JDM it is the same as the type-s, DC5-R and CTR

2008 Mercedes C350
    Quote Originally Posted by frm_808 View Post
    yes.

type s bpipe with ep3 muffler part will be the combo

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    type-s b pipe will fit the US EP3 in 2 conditions.

1. you get a type-s header and cat with the type-s b pipe and EP3 OEM axleback.

OR

2. you keep the EP3 header and cat. THEN you modify the TYPE-S b pipe (by extending it 3") then use the OEM axleback.

understand?

im running a spoon 4-2, 2-1 race header with spoon midpipe and ep3 axleback. since the spoon setup is JDM it is the same as the type-s, DC5-R and CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post
    yes.

type s bpipe with ep3 muffler part will be the combo
    alright thanks guys.
    wat about an aftermarket b-pipe. any modifications? or direct bolt up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information