Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tint: front windshield

I tinted my windows last summer right after I bought my EP and decided not to get the front windshield "bannner" tint. Now I wish I'd spent the extra $20 and got it done. Not having any gradation or any tint on the front (like our Accord) really kind of stinks.
    We're getting a tint "group buy" at work tomorrow and I'm getting mine tinted, just and unsure how dark to go. My front windows are 35% and the rear two and hatch are 20%. I'm thinking about going 20%... :noidea:

Anyone have their front windshield tinted? What percentage did you get? Does it help, would you do it again (did you rip it off later)? Anyone have pics?
    04 Civic Si - nhbp
    12 Accord EXL v6 - cbp
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Be cautious of the AS1 line, if the tint strip goes below this you can get ticketed if the cop is being an a*hole. I think it's 5" inches, which doesn't even reach the mirror mount. Just something to keep in mind.

I did the 5" inch strip in 5%. Here's a pic...not the greatest.

true, i've done the research on the AS-1 line.

so, does the strip help at all, seems like 5" won't get you much???
    04 Civic Si - nhbp
    12 Accord EXL v6 - cbp

Quote Originally Posted by vtecDave View Post

so, does the strip help at all, seems like 5" won't get you much???
    Yes it helps, and 5" should be plenty.

i do enjoy mine.... i have 5% all around 360 degrees.... its dark as fuck in there... i remember in highschool, me and my lady friend could do whatever we please in the highschool parking lot before school started, with people walking by and stuff......

giggidy giggidy

so 5" is cool then??? have any of you guys ever had any problems w/ the cops

Quote Originally Posted by soprano21 View Post
    so 5" is cool then??? have any of you guys ever had any problems w/ the cops
    yes i enjoy it and no i live in oklahoma where the law-men dont pick on shit like that, they just give you a speeding ticket for few over because you are driving a civic....

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    yes i enjoy it and no i live in oklahoma where the law-men dont pick on shit like that, they just give you a speeding ticket for few over because you are driving a civic....
    ok cool, i just wanted to know before i get mine done

at first i thought 5" was going to be huge but then i noticed it looked relatively small compared to our gigantic window. it looks like it is meant to be there....if that helps

at first i thought 5" was going to be huge but then i noticed it looked relatively small compared to our gigantic window. it looks like it is meant to be there....if that helps
    NICE

btw what kind of tint did everyone here go with im lookin for something not to dark?

i think a lot of people like 20 at the darkest....
    if you have ever had 5%, you know what i am talking about, when it looks like the power is out when looking out the windows at night, and i have to roll down the window at an unlit corner to see where the center median is when turning...

i'd say 20 is dark enough... im sure other people who have had other tents will give you better advice.

i think a lot of people like 20 at the darkest....
    if you have ever had 5%, you know what i am talking about, when it looks like the power is out when looking out the windows at night, and i have to roll down the window at an unlit corner to see where the center median is when turning...

i'd say 20 is dark enough... im sure other people who have had other tents will give you better advice.
    ya i know what your talkin about w/ the 5% LOL dark as hell, thats what i was thinkin though, 20 is prob the best and right now, and thats prob what im gonna see a lot of ppl sayin they have

ya the way i think about it, i either want it black where you cant see anything or clear where you can see everything.....not a big fan of between...i think you will be happy with 20%....good luck....oh and expect some comments on your back glass.....supposedly(said the guy that installed my tent) our back glass is a bitch because it is so "eyeglassed", i guess you could say.

ya the way i think about it, i either want it black where you cant see anything or clear where you can see everything.....not a big fan of between...i think you will be happy with 20%....good luck....oh and expect some comments on your back glass.....supposedly(said the guy that installed my tent) our back glass is a bitch because it is so "eyeglassed", i guess you could say.
    ok cool thanks for the info mang

20% all around is good, dark, but not too dark to see out. that's what i had on my old car.

i have 20% in back and 35% up front (first post) and the 35% up front is almost to light, but it works for me. i'm getting "older"... i don't want to get questioned by small town SC cops. still hard to see in the back seats though.

i'll see if i can get a pic up tomorrow after i get my windshield banner done (today).
    04 Civic Si - nhbp
    12 Accord EXL v6 - cbp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information