Close

Painted my Valve Cover!!!!!

Ok, I have the valve cover off and its drying after being washed. I checked on the DIY and it said I didn't need to put in oven or use a heat gun. The spray can's direction stated that I should... do I need to?

Also, I don't have any paint stripper. just sanding paper. Has anyone tried this without paint stripper? Should I go and get some?

edit: got it,scroll down to see progress
    Last edited by Danman281; 05-21-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: changed subject

Quote Originally Posted by Danman281 View Post
    Ok, I have the valve cover off and its drying after being washed. I checked on the DIY and it said I didn't need to put in oven or use a heat gun. The spray can's direction stated that I should... do I need to?

Also, I don't have any paint stripper. just sanding paper. Has anyone tried this without paint stripper? Should I go and get some?
    uhhhh...id clean it with laquer thinner if you already havnt, then id just rough it with 600 grit, mask it off, then shoot it with high temp paint (id use VHT or duplicolor high temp, anything with ceramic in the paint to protect it from heat cycles...) and do like 3 coats to 5 coats...proceed to drying...nuff said...vht has heating instructions for their header paint for on car curing, im sure you could run the same cycle for a VC
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    uhhhh...id clean it with laquer thinner if you already havnt, then id just rough it with 600 grit, mask it off, then shoot it with high temp paint (id use VHT or duplicolor high temp, anything with ceramic in the paint to protect it from heat cycles...) and do like 3 coats to 5 coats...proceed to drying...nuff said...vht has heating instructions for their header paint for on car curing, im sure you could run the same cycle for a VC
    cool thanks

heres how its going so far

got the vc off

covered it with saran wrap since I leave my car outside ;)

the first coat made me think I was going to have a pink hello kitty valve cover

untill I added a few more coats

how long does it take this thing to dry??? I want to put it in my engine bay lol
    Last edited by Danman281; 05-21-2008 at 04:12 PM.

looks nice.. i just got my can a few days ago..

Thread Information