Close

Thread: matching paint?

matching paint?

i have been looking into painting my center dash piece. i have been reading alot of posts and comments of vegaS10 because i like how his looks...
    he uses SEM Landau Black for the paint.....it has to be picked up at a specialty shop or ordered online....
    i wanted to get this done tonight so it can dry and i can put on another coat if needed..... so i can have everything back on by memorial day....

anyways does any one know of a good paint that looks just like the SEM Landau Black, but can be picked up at any generic store (autozone,advanced,o reilly's, walmart???,anything)?

edit: would a generic "semi-gloss black for plastic or vinyl" work? if so, any brands that you would recomend?

thanks guys.
    oh and have a nice memorial day gents (and the ladies, cant forget you)
    Last edited by jtyler05si; 05-22-2008 at 05:33 AM.

do you have a sherwin williams near you? they could give you the exact paint you want mixed for you in a rattle can...when i have to make a model for a product design i use their stuff...its fairly inexpensive and it will be exactly what you want using automotive paint...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    do you have a sherwin williams near you? they could give you the exact paint you want mixed for you in a rattle can...when i have to make a model for a product design i use their stuff...its fairly inexpensive and it will be exactly what you want using automotive paint...
    yes there is one....would they have plastic/vinyl paint? i have only been there once, and that was for indoor house paint

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Be sure to use some adhesion promoter prior to spraying. Bulldog works well.
    Mel

just called sherwin williams, they said they dont have anything that would work on interior plastics or vinlys ):

next idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    just called sherwin williams, they said they dont have anything that would work on interior plastics or vinlys ):

next idea?
    ok, well, personally i bet their paint would work if you used the right primer or adhesion promoter...but i guess better safe than sorry? :noidea:
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

no one caries anything in a can for plastics except Krylon, and i dont like krylon. anyone used krylon on their dash?

nevermind... i found a paint shop to go to after work they have the SEM laudau black stuff....awesome..

no shitty krylon poop paint

alright
    but I've done a few dashes in krylon fusion and its freaking siq
    it contains plastic dye's as well as paint, so when you scratch the paint by accident, the plastic under it is the same color.

Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    alright
    but I've done a few dashes in krylon fusion and its freaking siq
    it contains plastic dye's as well as paint, so when you scratch the paint by accident, the plastic under it is the same color.
    well thats no good. krylon blows...for the record

I'm kinda wanting to hear your Krylon horror story as they seem to have pissed you off very badly.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    I'm kinda wanting to hear your Krylon horror story as they seem to have pissed you off very badly.
    haha x2

~kevin

Thread Information