Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    your not supposed to let off the brakes. the point of heel toe is to constantly apply the brakes while blipping the throttle to revmatch for the lower gear.
    exactly, if you were to downshift while not under braking, you should still blip the throttle to downshift...heel toeing allows you to STILL blip the throttle while under braking
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

what i meant was when i am about to go forward (releasing brakes) i tend to release the gas too then flooring it. so what happens is when i am done rev-matching then ready to step on it, i tend to lift my foot to let go of the gas too. so the rev goes down again. sorry if i werent so clear.

Quote Originally Posted by benkieboy View Post
    what i meant was when i am about to go forward (releasing brakes) i tend to release the gas too then flooring it. so what happens is when i am done rev-matching then ready to step on it, i tend to lift my foot to let go of the gas too. so the rev goes down again. sorry if i werent so clear.
    you arent supposed to rev match on upshifts...if im reading correctly that what you are talking about...unless you are reffering to braking going into a corner, but your problem is you need to rev it as youre easing it into gear, and as its going into gear you need to already be easing out of the clutch, while the clutch is coming out you need to be easing your foot into the gas...there should be no stomping of the gas...

it sounds like you also need to get used to just hte motion of heel toeing...it takes a lot of practice...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

oh yeah i was tallking about entering corners! sorry wasnt clear again! i just started autocrossing and i am new the the heel and toe thing. my last auto-x i had a problem picking up speed from a chicane since i braked and stayed on gear so i guess downshifting would do the trick. but i really need to rev-match while braking and floor it to pickup the speed on the straight.

does anyone have the issue of their gas pedal being lower than the brake pedal? i think thats the reason why i'm having trouble doing heel-toe. i was able to do it with relative ease on my Evo and the brake and gas pedal were pretty much parallel to each other. not sure if perhaps my gas pedal needs to be adjusted.

but so far i can heel-toe from 5th to 4th to 3rd. yay for me!

wow! why replace the evo with an ep3? but not a bad choice. yeah i guess that's my problem too. i find it hard to simultaneously hit them both then hit the gas without lifting both

Quote Originally Posted by benkieboy View Post
    oh yeah i was tallking about entering corners! sorry wasnt clear again! i just started autocrossing and i am new the the heel and toe thing. my last auto-x i had a problem picking up speed from a chicane since i braked and stayed on gear so i guess downshifting would do the trick. but i really need to rev-match while braking and floor it to pickup the speed on the straight.
    ahh yes...see it will help you get the gear in quicker and more smoothly, but you yourself have to be quick and smooth too...just keep practicing...do what musty suggested to me, goto a parkinglot and practice those 90 degree type corners and practice braking real late and hard and then that turn in for hte corner...but you may also want to practice trailbraking (left foot braking) for some corners in autox, dont ask me about that, im not an autoxer so i dont know how to do that...and i dont see a point to left foot braking in a manual car outside of autox and rally...please people dont get into an argument about that here, if you want to talk about trailbraking start a new thread...ill be glad to discuss it there...

Quote Originally Posted by epcivicboy08 View Post
    does anyone have the issue of their gas pedal being lower than the brake pedal? i think thats the reason why i'm having trouble doing heel-toe. i was able to do it with relative ease on my Evo and the brake and gas pedal were pretty much parallel to each other. not sure if perhaps my gas pedal needs to be adjusted.

but so far i can heel-toe from 5th to 4th to 3rd. yay for me!
    as for the pedal position, it sucks, but its not too bad, with my upgraded brakes when im under braking its just the right height...

your one option would possibly be to adjust the pedal position though ive never played iwht that on the ep...OR take off the pedal and heat it and bend it to the desired position
    my ep is white...

i think whenever i get my pedal set, ill offset the gas and brake so they are a little closer to each other.

i rev match on all my downshifts but i don't brake and downshift at the same.

Banned
    People brake on turns???

I just down shift into second and slowly let off the clutch.... that slows the car down pretty steadily, then I let go of clutch cpmpletely.... it take me through the turn... and then I accelerate. That seems like so much work for no apparent reason.

Down shift before the turn, and slam the pedal on at the apex and your set!

Quote Originally Posted by humpmasterflex View Post
    People brake on turns???

I just down shift into second and slowly let off the clutch.... that slows the car down pretty steadily, then I let go of clutch cpmpletely.... it take me through the turn... and then I accelerate. That seems like so much work for no apparent reason.

when you go into the turn youre going to downshift and brake at the same time. watch the best motoring videos.

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    i rev match on all my downshifts but i don't brake and downshift at the same.
    thats what i do right now, but when i start auto-x that wont be enough.

five star thread

great one Mugs

Quote Originally Posted by humpmasterflex View Post
    People brake on turns???

im guessing you didnt read the article

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    five star thread

great one Mugs
    thank you, sir.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information