Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by !@#$% View Post
    To get the true effect of heel-toe, you have to really know exactly what rpm is at what speed in every gear.

I heel toe like the japanese pros hitting the gas pedal with the actual heel. I place the brake lower on my foot near the middle so that I don't have to crank my leg as much. It seems easier to manipulate the amount of braking pressure when you've divided the movements to the top and bottom of the foot instead of left and right.
    haha i did that method in my 86si and i loved it, something about it is a lot more enjoyable than just rolling your foot...i dont like doing it that ^^^ way in the ep, dealing with teh center console just isnt fun imo...but ya i agree, gotta know exactly where you are shifting, its a learning experience with every car...but very worthwhile to practice...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Banned
    i learned how to downshift from watching best motoring videos.

i downshift everyday, and when i don't, i feel like im not controlling the car. its weird.

but downshifting is indeed useful, and allows you to keep the car undercontrol and in

gear at all times.

and double-clutching is a fuckin riceboy move. this isn't the fast and furious. double clutching on modern cars is completely unecessary, as that is what the "synchro" is for. unless you drive a semi-truck as a daily, theres no need to double clutch. quit watching to much fast n furious.

Quote Originally Posted by mormonboy View Post
    i learned how to downshift from watching best motoring videos.

i downshift everyday, and when i don't, i feel like im not controlling the car. its weird.

but downshifting is indeed useful, and allows you to keep the car undercontrol and in

gear at all times.

and double-clutching is a fuckin riceboy move. this isn't the fast and furious. double clutching on modern cars is completely unecessary, as that is what the "synchro" is for. unless you drive a semi-truck as a daily, theres no need to double clutch. quit watching to much fast n furious.
    uhh...we are talking about rev matching not downshifting...

and in f&f they made the mistake of referancing "double clutching" for upshifts, WRONG...its for downshifting

double clutching is not a riceboy move, it will further help take load off your transmission and prolong its life...it takes load off of your clutch plate and the throwout bearing, it also further helps match the rotational speed of the input shaft to the gear being selected...synchros do that, but if you bypass them through doubleclutching then it will prolong their life as well...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    uhh...we are talking about rev matching not downshifting...

and in f&f they made the mistake of referancing "double clutching" for upshifts, WRONG...its for downshifting

double clutching is not a riceboy move, it will further help take load off your transmission and prolong its life...it takes load off of your clutch plate and the throwout bearing, it also further helps match the rotational speed of the input shaft to the gear being selected...synchros do that, but if you bypass them through doubleclutching then it will prolong their life as well...
    roffle

very enjoyable right up. i cant do this. lol

I am not saying that you should take this as the gospel truth but it has been my knowledge that there is no need for double clutching with modern transmissions. I have Severn corvettes with over 20k TRACK miles on them and only one has needed a clutch replacements. When I say track I mean track driving all out all the time. The minority of these people can barely drive manual so I promise you they are not double clutching.

first track event today and i didnt get a chance to try it out

think, dont pray MEAN IRISH GUY's Avatar
    i just shift into 5th right away. 1-4 are over rated