Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sessy! me want! lol

man you are going to love those coilovers! when i had mine on my old red ep3 i love them so much and made a huge difference after alignment. after i installed them i had it aligned to this specs:

-1.75 degree up fronts
    -.85 degree in the rear with a little bit of toe in i think 1/24 or something like that.

i loved it man corners like no other. will to compliment it i also had ctr 22mm rear way, dc front strutbar, nuepeed rear H bar.

ephatch member
    i wish i had a fun and interesting project for my weekend.

for the frozen bolts i would recomend some heat (tourch) and allot of persuation (larg pipe) best of luck and congrats, your making me jealous!

zee

congrats man!!!

but have fun with that frozen bolt. i had that happen to me when installing my D-specs. ended up having to torch the loop around the bushing and prying it apart and then cut the bushing out. it was the worst 3 hours ive spend on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    looks fun......but I am not so sure the em2 bar is going to work with the wider type-r LCA.....
    I just held them up and they are the same width. The issue is the angle at which the endlink bolts up, the stock end links dont work but the Hotchkiss do(because they are adjustable, or so I have been told, but it looks like it will work with no issues.

I looked at them again and I dont think the EM2 bar will fit without useing some spacers. I will see what it looks like after they are installed.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-23-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

did you get adjustable endlinks?

nice aliuminum control arms. should lighten it up by 10 lbs total.

dang you sure are dumping some serious money......you happen to have a money treee in the backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    dang you sure are dumping some serious money......you happen to have a money treee in the backyard.
    The car is paid off. I continue to make a payment every month, but it goes into a account with it's own credit/debit card just for the car. When it comes time for a repair or mod, the money is there.

WHAT a ball buster! The tierod ends are free from the struts, but they are rusted tight onto the tierod. I got the jamnuts free and have them soaking with PB Blaster. The struts are out and when the PB has done it's magic I will swap in the typeS ends.

While they are soaking I wanted to start on the LCA's, someone decided to borrow my ball joint seperator and none of the stores have the proper type. BREAK TIME!

What a buzzkill.

i remember back when i was into rc cars, there was nothing better then having ups ring your door bell, and being able to open up a big box of parts. im still waiting for that day to come for my ep.

The Power of Dreams lazeebeast35's Avatar
    nice set up, let us know what your ride feels like. Im looking at different coilovers and not sure what to get yet. Have fun bro.

i have ep specific progress coils. there awesome. i havent dropped my ep yet as i havent gotten rid of my winter tires yet.. but when i get low profile tires, ill be slamming my ep to the ground!!

Talon,
    Did you ever think of doing the energy suspension bushing kit install since you have all those parts off the car? Those bushings are supossed to help out a whole lot, improved steering feel, cornering speeds, and those bushings won't get ripped apart like the stock ones do if you auto-x, or for you doing some mountain runs etc. Just curious.

Yo talon good luck with the install bro! For those frozen bolts use a lot of pb blaster a torch and hot ice. Heat up the bolt then put the hot ice on it. the shaft will expand with the heat and the bolt will contract with the cold then a breaker bar will do the rest. Lil trick i learned from working on my 9 ef's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information