Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRCivic03 View Post
    Talon,
    Did you ever think of doing the energy suspension bushing kit install since you have all those parts off the car? Those bushings are supossed to help out a whole lot, improved steering feel, cornering speeds, and those bushings won't get ripped apart like the stock ones do if you auto-x, or for you doing some mountain runs etc. Just curious.

Already have them installed, that is one reason I went with the Mugen LCA's, the harder rubber inserts. The ES poly insert for the LCA's front bushing doesnt last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Teejay View Post
    Yo talon good luck with the install bro! For those frozen bolts use a lot of pb blaster a torch and hot ice. Heat up the bolt then put the hot ice on it. the shaft will expand with the heat and the bolt will contract with the cold then a breaker bar will do the rest. Lil trick i learned from working on my 9 ef's
    I was able to loosen the tierod ends themselves, the jam nuts were really bad, so I cut them off with a cutoff wheel, took a whole 30 seconds per nut. I need to find my die set and chase the tierod threads to clean up the rust.

One thing that I have noticed is that I did not need to use any camber bolts only OEM bolt's. With the MugenSS and the extended lower ball joints I couldnt get ANY negative camber, it sat with the top of the tires further out! I had to use a OEM camber bolt in the top hole and a SPC camber bolt in the bottom just to get 1.5 degrees of camber! This tells me the Progress has a fair amount of built in camber.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-25-2008 at 08:43 AM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Here is one of the Hotchkiss endlinks after just 8 months, including 1 winter in upstate NY.

And here we have the LCA and Coilovers installed,

OH yes a ITR sway bar is on it's way, there is no way to adapt this kind of difference.......

Oh Mugen LCA's thats awesome. What part, if you were to install them hypotheticly, would the j's racing roll center adjusters bolt to? I just ask because you have some pictures that would be easy to circle with paint or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRCivic03 View Post
    Oh Mugen LCA's thats awesome. What part, if you were to install them hypotheticly, would the j's racing roll center adjusters bolt to? I just ask because you have some pictures that would be easy to circle with paint or something.
    The J's RCA's bolt up to the 02'-04' ITR LCA's.......That is exactly what my setup is, notice the extra space between the arm and knuckle? If you look you can see that the ball joint boot is damaged, dont know how!
    Last edited by talonXracer; 05-25-2008 at 02:31 PM.

oh, crap i do see it now. wow your setup is right on point. When you get it all finished i wonder how your EP would compare to one with just the normal suspension mods like I have for instance:coilovers, rear swaybar /endlinks, chassis tie bars, camber kit, good alignment, EM front sway bar.
    Like what i mean is your mods take it to another level having LCA's, roll center adjsuters, all that.
    Even though i think my mods have far improved my handling over stock in my opinon, i wonder if your car would feel dramaticly different/ improved still.

I also have a XX and V brace installed, harness bar etc.

Looks good so far man.

have fun
    ;)

dang im jealous! looks like freakin rustville under your car man. well ill be expecting a full review of everything!

looks nice man, sure it rides good too

just ordered the progress competition coilovers myself.... cant wait!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I just held them up and they are the same width. The issue is the angle at which the endlink bolts up, the stock end links dont work but the Hotchkiss do(because they are adjustable, or so I have been told, but it looks like it will work with no issues.

I looked at them again and I dont think the EM2 bar will fit without useing some spacers. I will see what it looks like after they are installed.
    Sorry man, I wished you had asked me....since you are going up to 25.4mm hollow in the front, I suggest you look at a cusco 25mm solid in the rear( they were designed for dc5 type-r's).....that or the big "H" 27mm hollow rear bar with end links... By this time next year I hope to be on type-r lca...after I upgrade the drive shafts....I may have to look into a 5 lug conversion though...I want 9 inch wide wheels in the front.....

how did your install go? did you have to mod anything to fit?

my progress coils are on order from progress so hopefully they come sometime in the next month

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information