Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cleaning your ENGINE BAY!?!

so ive never really done a thorough engine bay cleaning, so i figured id ask everyone what they do for cleaning their engine bays!!
    personally ive just sprayed down the engine bay and selectively used engine brite then rinsed
    POST UP PEOPLE!!
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

I spray it down with a regular garden hose, then dry off the parts I can reach with a towel. Sometimes I use simple green for the tougher dirt/build up.

Quote Originally Posted by L337Ep3 View Post
    I spray it down with a regular garden hose, then dry off the parts I can reach with a towel. Sometimes I use simple green for the tougher dirt/build up.
    ive heard of simple green, but never tried it
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

do you disconnect the battery or anything? and what about covering the alternator?

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    i use the mist part on my hose and then spray simple green pretty much every where....and scrub what needs to be....then hose it off again with i think the shower settting and let it sit over night

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    do you disconnect the battery or anything? and what about covering the alternator?
    i dont do any of that.....because as long as you give it time to dry you wont have any problems with that.....which is why i leave this till last and know i wont be driving the rest of the night

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    id like to know what to do with that, ive always avoided those areas
    my ep is white...

as long as they dry you wont have any problems...start them when they are wet and its a different ball game haha

i hose the engine bay down first: then mix my simple green, then pour it into a spray bottle and spray away, let it sit for a little and/or scrub, then hose off again.

where can i get simple green and what all does it do on the oxidation on the tie rods for instance?? i can only assume everyone else has lots of oxidation on their engine bay metal...
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    where can i get simple green and what all does it do on the oxidation on the tie rods for instance?? i can only assume everyone else has lots of oxidation on their engine bay metal...
    i got a gallon jug of the concentrate from autozone....bought that a year ago and not even half way through it haha. get that an a spray bottle to dilute it a bit and your good to go

not too sure what it does to oxidation.....but if its surface rust like you get on rotors it will take it off with some light scrubbing

yea charlie if you can get some simple green do it........ i forgot to mention tat earlier works great for cleaning the engine bay........once im all done with that i use the tire shine on all of the hoses(tire gel) it gives it a nice clean looks and helps keep the hoses fresh

Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    i got a gallon jug of the concentrate from autozone....bought that a year ago and not even half way through it haha. get that an a spray bottle to dilute it a bit and your good to go

not too sure what it does to oxidation.....but if its surface rust like you get on rotors it will take it off with some light scrubbing
    hmmm...interesting, ill have to pick some up...

im just tired of all this oxidation in here

if you look in the bay you can see it all
    my ep is white...

it will help on some of it but not all of it......like the rusted bolts i dont think it will do much to

simple green ftw

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information