Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    its pretty straight for watter to get on shit, I'd just try and keep your coil packs dry, I got one wet once and it busted and I had to get another one, 100 dollar mistake but you dont make it again.
    I use mr. clean, the green kind that looks like antifreeze, i mix it like 1 ounce to 10 ounces of water and spray on everything and let it sit or a while, then I come back and blast it with a gentle mist untill it dilutes all the soap away and then I give it a carefully aimed blast from the jet nozzle on the hose.
    Then I use tireshine on anything black in the engine bay, hoses etc.
    Just make sure you're tireshine doesn't contain alcohol because it will actually dry out the parts and can cause tubes and hoses to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    Don't ever spray down a warm engine bay. You're asking for stains.

1 - Spray the bay with a hose (cover SRI's with a bag)
    2 - Spray down with Simple Green
    3 - Brush under hood, engine bay, etc with a soft brush
    4 - rinse with hose
    5 - repeat
    This is exactly what I do..... and yes the engine must be cold or you will stain your intake mani or any other metal parts that are hot/warm.

On top of that I like to get a bucket of car wash soap with some wax additives (wash & was soaps) and actually scrub the engine bay with that as well after the simple green routine. I find it really helps in shinning everything up all nice.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    Let it dry and you're all set. It'll take you 5 minutes. If you do it at every wash you'll minimize the time spent. My engine bay still looked brand
    new when I sold my EP after 5+ years of New England driving.
    Werd.... I probably do mine 2 or 3 times a year and as long as you don't let it get really bad it'll always look spotless.

Quote Originally Posted by L337Ep3 View Post
    I spray it down with a regular garden hose, then dry off the parts I can reach with a towel. Sometimes I use simple green for the tougher dirt/build up.
    I used that to looked good.

Ive owned 10 cars in my day. Ive always just washed under the hood the same as the rest of the car. Ive never had any sort of problems with anything. What do youse think happens when you drive in the rain? Everything under the hood can get wet its ok.

I use a bottled cleaner called "Super Clean." Its made especially for car engines and you can pick it up at any autozone or w.e. Its around 6 bucks. I prefer taking my time and going through the whole engine bay by hand to be on the safe side. Up to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    as long as they dry you wont have any problems...start them when they are wet and its a different ball game haha
    My brother-in-laws a mechanic and he had his buddy turn on the car when he was almost done(but still doing it) to make sure everything was running great and he had him run it for the remainder. youd hate to find out that the car wont start two hours later. and simple green works great! and a hose will do, i would stay awy from pressure washing anything.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matth1054 View Post
    My brother-in-laws a mechanic and he had his buddy turn on the car when he was almost done(but still doing it) to make sure everything was running great and he had him run it for the remainder. youd hate to find out that the car wont start two hours later. and simple green works great! and a hose will do, i would stay awy from pressure washing anything.
    That's the perfect recipe for stains.
    Mel

we'll need a DIY video for this one.. I've tried it so many times, and my engine bay still looks like garbage.

is it cuz you live in vegas and we are limited to water days?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information