Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITR Brembo swap

ITR Brembo swap

Sorry guys have to ask since all the info is gone.

the ITR Brembo swap on our Ep does it require spacers?

I know I have to get ITR front sway and 17 but how about spacers for the offset?

Found out
    350 Z Sport Brembo Pads work for the fronts / Type S pads for the rear.

Continuing the search

Found out

60mm Offset needed for Rim @ 17 inch diameter min

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrous View Post
    Found out

60mm Offset needed for Rim @ 17 inch diameter min
    i was under the impression that the ITR wheels were like a 35mm offset or something...is the 60mm just to keep the wheel inside the wheel well?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

I've been trying to do this project for so long!
    I have a set of ITR wheels + the Brembo set up just sitting in my basement.
    I'm missing A arms, axles, sway(f), tie rod ends, and front + rear suspension.
    but i did come to a conclusion with using Type S parts. Cuz in Europe the ITR runs the K20A2, which means it uses the same axles and sway bar as our Type S so you can use those parts & whatever else to make this set up work, someone on Honda-tech did it and it worked. Also there's some kind of valve (forgot the name) that you don't need to change cuz the ITR shares the same one as the EP3. ppv valve? proportioning valve? something like that.
    I am almost ready to fuck this project an move on. cuz once you have the set up, where do you buy rotors from? Ain't gonna be cheap.

DBA sells the rotors. They have multiple versions for different applications. They are a bit pricey but not ridiculous.

You don't think almost $500 for 2 front rotors isn't ridiculous?
    Oh and the Valve thing i was looking for was called PCV valve.
    EP3 & ITR have the same and dont need to be changed.
    Last edited by spartan; 06-02-2010 at 06:28 PM.

I've had my EP3 for 4 years now. I replaced the front rotors and pads when I got it and have only put one pair of pads on since then. So the DBA rotors should last me quite a bit of time. Plus if you consider what I paid for everything, (DC5R full suspension swap with wheels - $2400, powdercoat wheels - $350, new tires - $400, misc suspension maintenance parts for install since I'm at 100k - $400) another ~$400 bucks for rotors is just a drop in the bucket.

If you compare the prices from DBA to Honda, Mugen, or projectmu solutions, it becomes clear that it's the lowest price.

very good point.
    You've inspired me to complete this project.
    Can you resurface the DBA rotors?
    What suspension did you go with, is this your DD, where did you get the ITR tie rod ends, and did you use any Type S parts?

i did the conversion. as for the wheels i went with 17x7.5 +48 offset 215/45/17 tires, it sits somehow quite flush with oem alignment spec. as for the rotors i went with project mu 2 piece rotor for dc5r. you dont need itr tie-rod ends. if you decide to install dc5 suspension then you need a rsx type-s tie-rod end. as for the axle, some people have tried to use the oem ep3 axle it should be a tad short but it works, so far i didnt ear about the axle popping out so you decide LOL.
    Last edited by lilflx; 06-03-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    very good point.
    You've inspired me to complete this project.
    Can you resurface the DBA rotors?
    What suspension did you go with, is this your DD, where did you get the ITR tie rod ends, and did you use any Type S parts?
    I'm not sure if you can resurface the DBA rotors. I still have my OEM set which is fine but has a slight lip around the outer edge which will prevent me from pulling the pads without taking the whole caliper off. I have to get a micrometer and measure the thickness. I'm hoping there is still enough meat to get those resurfaced.

When my swap arrived from Japan I found that the springs and dampers were not included. After doing some reading and taking the advice of another ephatch.com member ("Why would you ever put a USED suspension on your car?"), I decided to go with the EP3 HFP suspension. The specs aren't exactly the same as the DC5R, but for ~$600 and being much easier to source I figure it's a good enough alternative.

Yes this is my DD. It's an '02 so it will be an upgrade to 5 lug and when I bought the car it had ground control adjustable setup on stock dampers which makes for an AWFUL ride.

Since I'm using HFP suspension I bought EP3 tie rod ends (Moog) and new Type-S sway bar endlinks (Moog) all around. I bought OEM sway bar bushings to match the diameters of the new DC5R sway bars. Brake lines, ABS lines, and e-brake cables from the EP3 should be fine. And I'm replacing the clutch and flywheel just because it will all be apart and I just passed the 100k mark.

Quote Originally Posted by lilflx View Post
    i did the conversion. as for the wheels i went with 17x7.5 +48 offset 215/45/17 tires, it sits somehow quite flush with oem alignment spec. as for the rotors i went with project mu 2 piece rotor for dc5r. you dont need itr tie-rod ends. if you decide to install dc5 suspension then you need a rsx type-s tie-rod end. as for the axle, some people have tried to use the oem ep3 axle it should be a tad short but it works, so far i didnt ear about the axle popping out so you decide LOL.
    Do you think I'll have any problem with DC5R wheels with stock tire size (I believe 215/45/17) and the HFP suspension? It only lowers it around .75 so I figured between that and the offset it shouldn't be a problem.

Did you run into any other problems during your install with things not fitting or lining up?
    Last edited by mage182; 06-04-2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spelling

i was under the impression you need the ITR tie rod ends as well as the sway bar for the wider stance. I thought that was the whole point of the conversion, the Brembo brakes are just a bonus.
    This is getting confusing again.

So i can use my ep3 axles?
    I think ill buy Type S just to be safe.

but the sway an tie rod ends still confuse me
    also the suspension.
    i can use any ep3 or dc5 shocks an springs/coilover setup?
    Last edited by spartan; 06-05-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Since this is a McPherson setup the strut is separate from the knuckle. Since I am using EP3 HFP struts then I would use EP3 tie rod ends.

The sway bar from the DC5R is needed. I'm not sure if it is a larger diameter (haven't compared) but it's definitely a little wider than the EP3. This may go along with different mounting points on the LCAs which changes the geometry rather than bar diameter.

You can use EP3 axles. People have said they use them with no problems. I don't like to leave the door open for problems. So I got a set of DC5R axles.

Rockauto says that the sway bar endlinks are the same on 02-05 EP3 and 02-06 RSX. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate but I bought a new set just on principle. Moog makes the strongest and highest quality parts I've seen. So I only buy their parts.

I still have some unanswered questions about this whole swap. I'm not sure if I'll have rubbing with the 17s and the HFP suspension. I have read that the ABS sensors may be different. I'm just going to take a few days off from work and take the whole thing nice and slow once my clutch comes in.

let me know how that turns out.
    i wish there was a DIY thread on this project.

ok check it out.
    last night i got my REAR ITR brakes an equipped Stop-Tech stainless steal brake lines an Progress/SPC rear camber kit. Now those parts were made for my ep3 an they fit perfect. I also installed Skunk2 Lower control arms which was made for 02+ Integra, but one of the bolts was too long an the trailing arm stopped it from screwing in any further. WHY THE FUCK MAKE A PRODUCT FOR A SPECIFIC CAR AN NOT EVEN HAVE IT FIT!?
    Anyways its only like 1/4 inch so I'm just gonna use a washer.
    I also discovered that my Tokico ep shocks don't fit with the ITR conversion. There's a good 1/2 inch gap where it's suppose to bolt up. So I'm guessing Type S shocks/struts should be good. And I just bought brand new springs for my ep.
    Now does anyone know if Type S an EP3 springs are compatible?
    And does this conversion require the brake master cylinder from the ITR??

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information