Thread: ITR Brembo swap

ITR Wheel Specifications:

* Size.....17 x 7JJ
    * Offset.....+60
    * Lug Pattern.....5H x 114.3
    * Color.....Championship White

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    ok check it out.
    last night i got my REAR ITR brakes an equipped Stop-Tech stainless steal brake lines an Progress/SPC rear camber kit. Now those parts were made for my ep3 an they fit perfect. I also installed Skunk2 Lower control arms which was made for 02+ Integra, but one of the bolts was too long an the trailing arm stopped it from screwing in any further. WHY THE FUCK MAKE A PRODUCT FOR A SPECIFIC CAR AN NOT EVEN HAVE IT FIT!?
    Anyways its only like 1/4 inch so I'm just gonna use a washer.
    I also discovered that my Tokico ep shocks don't fit with the ITR conversion. There's a good 1/2 inch gap where it's suppose to bolt up. So I'm guessing Type S shocks/struts should be good. And I just bought brand new springs for my ep.
    Now does anyone know if Type S an EP3 springs are compatible?
    And does this conversion require the brake master cylinder from the ITR??
    I'll get my ITR Knuckles and HFP setup together this weekend and see if everything bolts up. I recall a member on a page somewhere saying that there was a gap which would concur with you. They said they used some washers to fill the gap I think.

I've checked some part numbers and the DC5R prop valve is the same as the 03-05 EP. I have an 02 so I might have to switch out eventually. I think all the MCs are 15/16 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mage182 View Post
    I'll get my ITR Knuckles and HFP setup together this weekend and see if everything bolts up. I recall a member on a page somewhere saying that there was a gap which would concur with you. They said they used some washers to fill the gap I think.

I've checked some part numbers and the DC5R prop valve is the same as the 03-05 EP. I have an 02 so I might have to switch out eventually. I think all the MCs are 15/16 tho.
    Well i don't think washers would be safe especially with that big of a gap. At the begaining of this thread it says the Rear ITR brakes are from a type S. so that means the shock is type S. I found on ebay; stock ITR shocks an springs, used but in damn good condition for $319.99 + 75.99 shipping. little pricy but still type R :).
    What do you mean MC's are 15/16?
    Oh an does anyone know if my new springs will fit with Type S shock!??

Well i don't think washers would be safe especially with that big of a gap. At the begaining of this thread it says the Rear ITR brakes are from a type S. so that means the shock is type S. I found on ebay; stock ITR shocks an springs, used but in damn good condition for $319.99 + 75.99 shipping. little pricy but still type R :).
    What do you mean MC's are 15/16?
    Oh an does anyone know if my new springs will fit with Type S shock!??
    I saw those as well on ebay. If the HFP stuff doesn't fit I guess I'll sell that and buy the used ITR stuff. The HFP stuff is still in the box so I should be able to come out a little bit ahead with money.

Brake MCs from what I read are the same (15/16") for EP, RSX, and ITR.

Correction:

EP3 BMCs (Brake Master Cylinder) are 7/8"
    RSX Base BMCs are 7/8"
    RSX Type-S BMCs are 15/16"
    ITR BMC won't fit on LHD cars but is also 15/16" so the RSX Type-S BMC will be fine

Proportioning valve part number for ITR is:

46210-S5A-812

This is the same part number as:

46210-S5A-812 VALVE ASSY., PROPORTIONING 03 - 06 ACCORD 60.03 45.03
    46210-S5A-812 VALVE ASSY., PROPORTIONING 03 - 05 CIVIC 60.03 45.03

And according to this post:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=323000&page=2

The RSX-S prop valve is the same as the ITR. However, when I looked up the RSX-S part the number is 46210-S5A-822. I'm not sure what that one digit difference means.

In short, if you're doing the Brembo swap, you should have RSX-S BMC, Brake Booster, and Proportioning valve to have the system work optimally.
    Last edited by mage182; 06-17-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Awesome! great post!
    Where can i look for Honda Japan parts?

shit
    i just noticed the ABS cable was cut and a wheel stud fell out both on the same side.
    this was off too a good start and now, shit.

I have no sources to parts directly from Japan. I usually just try to find a comparable part available on the US market and get that.

Shouldn't the ABS sensors be the same? I did a visual comparison because my ABS sensors and ebrake cables were cut on my swap and they looked the same.

I also tested the HFP rear shocks on the ITR rear trailing arms and the gap isn't that bad. One decent stainless steel washer on each side and a good job clocking and it should be fine.

Have you tried the front yet? Will the Honda shocks bolt up fine?

Wheel studs should be stock Honda. A quick trip to the dealer should remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by mage182 View Post
    I have no sources to parts directly from Japan. I usually just try to find a comparable part available on the US market and get that.

Shouldn't the ABS sensors be the same? I did a visual comparison because my ABS sensors and ebrake cables were cut on my swap and they looked the same.

I also tested the HFP rear shocks on the ITR rear trailing arms and the gap isn't that bad. One decent stainless steel washer on each side and a good job clocking and it should be fine.

Have you tried the front yet? Will the Honda shocks bolt up fine?

Wheel studs should be stock Honda. A quick trip to the dealer should remedy that.
    i havent tried the front, i lack the necessary parts, plus i gotta remove the dust shield that thing is all bent up.
    the sensor is cut right where the clip is suppose to be. guess i can splice my stock one. i really don't wanna do that.
    Washers seem unsafe, so im just gonna buy type S shocks. do you know if my ep progress springs would fit on type s shocks?

i havent tried the front, i lack the necessary parts, plus i gotta remove the dust shield that thing is all bent up.
    the sensor is cut right where the clip is suppose to be. guess i can splice my stock one. i really don't wanna do that.
    Washers seem unsafe, so im just gonna buy type S shocks. do you know if my ep progress springs would fit on type s shocks?
    I'll try it out this weekend. If the fronts don't fit as well I'll have to sell the HFP stuff. Other than that it's just too much of a hassle to sell that and then buy the ITR stuff. A couple of stainless washers shouldn't cause any problems.

Are the ABS sensors different? Why not just use the sensors from the EP?

I would expect the springs to work. I can look around but none of the books I have list dimensions on the springs.

yeah im sure the ABS is the same but i don't trust myself with the wires.
    ill just make a new thread for my spring an shocks question.

I'm confused.
    Does the EP3 R an the DC5 R have the same front sway bar?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HONDA-CIVIC-...92264894798612

I'm confused.
    Does the EP3 R an the DC5 R have the same front sway bar?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-HONDA-CIVIC-...92264894798612
    The track isn't wider on the EP3-R. And it doesn't use ITR LCAs in the front. So I don't think it uses the ITR swaybar.

have you ever heard of blackworks?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2453&viewitem=

So i got brand new Progress springs an brand new Type S shocks.
    Bolts up to the Brembo's perfect, no gap front or rear.
    the only problem is it didn't come with the top part of the shock... i have no idea what its called exactly.

what is the top part of the coil an spring called?
    and can i use stock ones with this?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information