Close

1st time swapper

Like the title states. I will be embarking shortly on my 1st engine swap ever. Gonna be swapping a built k20a2 into my ep and using my JRSC on that also.

I guess I am posting this to get help on what to look out for and or any tips or tidbits of helpful info to make this a relatively uncomplicated event.

Can someone post a link or point to a resource that I can follow as a loose guide for my swap?

davisj3537 or talonXracer are the ones that i see that have great knowledge of swapping and the things you will need. just read or cntact one of them .

good luck.

oh yeah!! check out the sticky's as well. tons of good info in there.

Quote Originally Posted by pynikal View Post
    oh yeah!! check out the sticky's as well. tons of good info in there.
    ok I have read the sticky's and thanks for all your help and the two posts. muito obrigado!

Quote Originally Posted by SUNEBOY View Post
    Like the title states. I will be embarking shortly on my 1st engine swap ever. Gonna be swapping a built k20a2 into my ep and using my JRSC on that also.

I guess I am posting this to get help on what to look out for and or any tips or tidbits of helpful info to make this a relatively uncomplicated event.

Can someone post a link or point to a resource that I can follow as a loose guide for my swap?
    Do you have the built k20 already or are you in the process of getting it?

well after going through this once already not too long ago, i'd suggest the following:

- take the engine out through the top. you'll need a lift.
    - if you're going to use the a2 crank pulley then make sure you get the right belt. i forgot the size of the belt when using the a2 crank pulley and the ep3 idler pulley. i think it may be a 64 but i'm not 100% sure. you can re-use your stock belt if you re-use the a3 crank pulley.
    - remember to modify the shifter to get into reverse. i used a picture that talonxracer put up as reference. i think it was deleted though. maybe he can post the picture up again.
    - if the engine has been sitting out for a while you'll most likely have a vaccum leak. i had a vaccum leak when i cranked up the engine the first time. turns out the idle air control valve was stuck. i took it apart and some wd-40 did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonEP View Post
    Do you have the built k20 already or are you in the process of getting it?
    I will be building it as soon as I can get it to my garage, it is in my friends garage at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by k_20 View Post
    well after going through this once already not too long ago, i'd suggest the following:

- take the engine out through the top. you'll need a lift.
    - if you're going to use the a2 crank pulley then make sure you get the right belt. i forgot the size of the belt when using the a2 crank pulley and the ep3 idler pulley. i think it may be a 64 but i'm not 100% sure. you can re-use your stock belt if you re-use the a3 crank pulley.
    - remember to modify the shifter to get into reverse. i used a picture that talonxracer put up as reference. i think it was deleted though. maybe he can post the picture up again.
    - if the engine has been sitting out for a while you'll most likely have a vaccum leak. i had a vaccum leak when i cranked up the engine the first time. turns out the idle air control valve was stuck. i took it apart and some wd-40 did the trick.
    thanks very much this was the kind of info I was hoping for.

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    sorry to thread jack but....lol londonep....when i saw your avatar it looked like cartmans eyes were boobs and his little mouth was a belly button.....i died just know laughing

Thread Information