Close

Thread: New to Si

New to Si

I recently bought my wife an '08 Si sedan for her dd, and I inherited an '03 Si HB from her to be my dd. It's a blast to drive and I now understand the hype about vtec from both cars. Want to mod the '03, don't want to void the warranty on the '08.

welcome to the site....so wat is the "BIG" deal about vtec in the 03 si?? lol.. being that there is none I don't see a big deal..

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    Welcome to Ephatch......Get acquainted with everyone and if you have any questions use the search button before you ask and post some pics of your ep3...

Quote Originally Posted by its a ivtec View Post
    welcome to the site....so wat is the "BIG" deal about vtec in the 03 si?? lol.. being that there is none I don't see a big deal..
    x2...lol

Quote Originally Posted by its a ivtec View Post
    no there is still vtec, but it isnt used in the traditional sense...its economy vtec, it kicks in at 2200rpms, and its only has 2 sets of lobes on the intake cam(i got that right, right?)...it still has the variable cam gear...

WELCOME!! and enjoy your car!! i love mine!
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Welcome newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    no there is still vtec, but it isnt used in the traditional sense...its economy vtec, it kicks in at 2200rpms, and its only has 2 sets of lobes on the intake cam(i got that right, right?)...it still has the variable cam gear...

You got it right!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post

Well i guess your right...but i kno what "its a ivtec" was referring to when he said the a3 doesnt have any vtec...meaning it doesnt pop like the 08 si because its only 2lobe..

welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by ep3er View Post
    You got it right!!
    Funny how people don't consider the vtec in the Si to be "real" just because it's not what they wish it was. My thoughts are that if that's the case, just buy the RSX-S.

For me I prefer the style of our hatch backs over the Acura. And these days a more economical car is a good thing.

welcome and enjoy epcrack! =) =)

i like the way our vtec kicks in. i guess it's more about practicality. welcome welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay View Post
    Funny how people don't consider the vtec in the Si to be "real" just because it's not what they wish it was. My thoughts are that if that's the case, just buy the RSX-S.

For me I prefer the style of our hatch backs over the Acura. And these days a more economical car is a good thing.
    whats important to remember is that we atleast still have that variable cam gear, thats pretty trick in my book

and yes the ep body style is far superior over the rsx stylings IMO...simply from a design standpoint...the rsx is soooo riceboy inspired where as the ep is more simple clean enthusiast design...which i appreciate
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Welcome man.

Thread Information