Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    if you pick up an plug-n-play kit, definitely consider buying one that comes with a warranty. i think most of them do, but some warranty's will dick you around.

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    moved for ya.

Build your own setup, i would get re based Phillips bulbs and hella gen III ballasts. i have this setup. had my ballasts for 3 years now. going on at least. my bulbs i replaced last year. not bad imo. it will cost a few bucks tho. But your doing the right thing.

For my fogs i probably will get a cheap set because im not to concerned about the fogs. But i still might build my own. Also please get 4300 -5000k max, 6000 in some projectors work good but your using your stock headlight fixture. any higher and you can just use them for looking pretty lol.

Your stock housing is pretty good with glare also. you can get glare shields tho to improve it.
    Last edited by 2004ep3hatch; 06-09-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

I REALLLLLY don't want to do a retro fit.

Where could I get glare sheilds?

(I feel like such a noob with these questions....)
    Last edited by 2004ep3hatch; 06-09-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    fixed your post, now my answer is separate, I hit the editing button by mistake instead of hitting the reply button!

ou are not going to be retrofitting anything. you can call up some places that makes them, i have to see what i can find. ebay is your best bet i would think.

everything i said to do is drop in and play. no crazy wiring either. using stock headlights with stock wiring.

hella gen ballast accepts 9006 plugs if i remember and then your connector will plug into the bulb. if anything you might have to put a different connector on the low beam wire going into the ballast. takes 10min max.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Try hidplanet. Plenty of great info so you don't go ghetto.
    Mel

bosch ballasts are amazing
    the phillips ultinon bulbs are also very good
    although I honestly haven't heard a single bad thing about the McCulloch hid kits and it would be cheaper to just go with one of those
    they have a warranty and will still be around to cover you if anything goes wrong as opposed to some of these smaller companys that could dissapear at any time.

xenondepot kits are good. i have 3000k in my fogs and stock tsx mitsubishi ballasts/ignitors on my ctr projectors.

I bought an F1Spec branded 4300 HID kit a few months ago for my '05 EP3 and I love it.

This is my first aftermarket HID kit and I have nothing but good things to say about it. When I drive my Accord at night with regular halogens, it looks like I'm driving with the lights off.

The light quality and color seems just as the factory xenon lights in my BMW 335. Hopefully my EP HID's won't catch on fire!

(knocks on wood)

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post

For my fogs i probably will get a cheap set because im not to concerned about the fogs. But i still might build my own. Also please get 4300 -5000k max, 6000 in some projectors work good but your using your stock headlight fixture. any higher and you can just use them for looking pretty lol.
    I second and third that!

6000k looks pretty, but in stock housing you loose too much light output. On rainy days/ nights its almost as dim as stock I found that out the hard way though. Ill be keeping my 6000k for now, but Ill def be changing out 4300k when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by na14yu View Post
    I bought an F1Spec branded 4300 HID kit a few months ago for my '05 EP3 and I love it.

This is my first aftermarket HID kit and I have nothing but good things to say about it. When I drive my Accord at night with regular halogens, it looks like I'm driving with the lights off.

The light quality and color seems just as the factory xenon lights in my BMW 335. Hopefully my EP HID's won't catch on fire!

(knocks on wood)

Are you using stock headlight housings?

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Are you using stock headlight housings?
    Yes I am using the stock 2005 headlight housing.

I have f1spec 6000k HIDs, I think they are pretty good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information