Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The A55M4Ns in town! skoundrelusa's Avatar

Looking into a EP3. What you guys think about this one?

UPDATE:

How bout this guys? Too good to be true? Yeah its a little riced out IMO. But the price seems way too low for an 05 with like 13k miles? (but says 25k on the windshield)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=13

Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. Been reading around and learning. I hope this is the right forum to post this, but I've been looking into EP3s for the past month and came across this one.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=30

The owner just called me back. Said the car has 135,000 miles on it, all stock, never modded by him, at least 2 owners, possibly 3, and the price is slightly negotiable. I think I can get him down to like $7,500 cash. What do you guys think? Is it a good deal? Should I wait for something better to come along? Or is it worth saving/paying a few more grand for one with less miles? Lets hear your input

Something I should add is I was more along the lines of looking for a Taffetta White or the Vivid Blue Pearl (I think thats what its called), but willing to get something like this silver if its cheaper. My budget also is like 9k
    Last edited by skoundrelusa; 07-01-2008 at 12:31 PM.

I wouldn't worry about the mileage if you plan to keep the car stock. If you plan on modding- that's a lot of miles, especially since you don't know how the car was maintained. The price is definitely right.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Car fax?
    Mel

Hold out and get what you want, it's what I should've done but with my employee discount and the amount of these that were in inventory I couldn't say no to the (ironically) silver...in 2003

What type of title does it have?
    Is it a clear title or branded/salvage??

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    Car fax?
    carfax history report is a waste of money. My report on the EP i bought in April said it was free from accidents, etc. turned out it was in an accident at some point with the bumper and hood replaced..

its a honda. take care of it, it'll take care of you!

the price is good i think

it's a honda... it'll last much longer =)

looks like a decent deal... I'm sure u can squeeze a few 100s from that price..

the silvers tend to be the cheapest as far as resale.
    Typically black cars garner the most money in the used market but I think for these cars most people want a Vivid blue pearl. But I'd say Vivid blue pearl and black are gonna probably be the most expensive. Taffeta white shouldn't be much more than satin silver metalic.

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    seems to be a fair price mang

I think the price is high for the amount of miles it has on it. Offer $5,000 cash.

Say things like, "The car just has a ridiculous amount of miles on it."

And, "At this point this car almost needs a new engine so I have to consider that."

And, "If it just didn't have so many miles it would be an easier decision for me to make. Did you drive far to commute because 130k is a lot of miles." And then laugh like you are shocked at how high the mileage is.
    Last edited by Princess; 05-29-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    I think the price is high for the amount of miles it has on it. Offer $5,000 cash.

And, "At this point this car almost needs a new engine so I have to consider that."

And, "If it just didn't have so many miles it would be an easier decision for me to make. Did you drive far to commute because 130k is a lot of miles." And then laugh like you are shocked at how high the mileage is.
    lmao, fuck! its not that many miles bro, although I don't recommend saying "did you drive far to commute" Say something like, Did you commute far or, did you drive far? or was your commute a far drive.
    But not, did you drive far to commute.
    thats like saying, did you chew and swallow a lot to eat so much?
    haha sorry, im just messin with ya.
    I dont think that 5k is a very good price for it, thats really really low.
    the kelly blue book for this car in excellent condition is 9330 so... yeah.

The A55M4Ns in town! skoundrelusa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the mileage if you plan to keep the car stock. If you plan on modding- that's a lot of miles, especially since you don't know how the car was maintained. The price is definitely right.
    I wanted to keep it stock and save up for an A2 swap, so I guess I'm not too worried about the miles on this motor, BUT I just think it's still kinda pricey for that many miles. Like $6,500 sounds more fair to me. Theres also this super riced out one with less miles selling for $6,500, but its soooo riced out theres no where to de-rice it lol

Quote Originally Posted by 56chevydan View Post
    What type of title does it have?
    Is it a clear title or branded/salvage??
    Pretty sure he said its clean.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy5 View Post
    carfax history report is a waste of money. My report on the EP i bought in April said it was free from accidents, etc. turned out it was in an accident at some point with the bumper and hood replaced..
    All I know as far as carfax is that it has 9 records. Not a lot but yeah it doesn't mean anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post

I already said on the phone to him "Woah I didn't think it had that many miles" and he responded "Man, its a Honda 135k is nothing. This thing will last a long time" I know he's right, but the fact that he said that makes me think he's firm on the price

If I was him I would be firm on the price also 7500 sounds real fair to me. That is if the car is fine, take it for a nice drive not just around the block. Have you drove any others?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information