Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Post your Garage/Shop/Where You Get It Done

Edit:

In the true spirit of DIY we all must have our "personal space," the groundwork for this thread started over in the electronics section as a thread ran wild, I'll add those posts over here in hopes it will continue. Please feel free to contribute!

Chad

It went off-track here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

VegaS10 you have to have the greatest garage ever! Do you have, "two; two car garages?"
    Last edited by Chad; 05-30-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Post your Garage/Shop/Where You Get It Done

Thanks.

I had the second garage added on about 2 years ago. The front one is the one that came with the house. The back garage is about 2.5 cars wide. I can open the doors of the ep3 and the eg hatch side by side and still walk between them on all sides.

The wife and kids are'nt allowed back there.
    Last edited by Chad; 05-30-2008 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Thanks.

I had the second garage added on about 2 years ago. The front one is the one that came with the house. The back garage is about 2.5 cars wide. I can open the doors of the ep3 and the eg hatch side by side and still walk between them on all sides.

The wife and kids are'nt allowed back there.
    That is sick! I wish I had the room and/or money to give me another two car garage!

Every man needs a "doghouse"

When we bought this property it came complete with this ugly footing and foundation for a trailer (foundation is community rule) next to it is an existing 1 car garage, the previous owner's mother in law lived on the property. This is to be backfilled this summer and be the future site of "Garagemahl" that will house what the "toybox" houses now, the truck and possibly a project car, it WILL also have a full bath See, the trailer had it's own water and septic! WOOT. It has garnered wife appproval factor as now I can do my wood/metal working outside the existing 2 car garage and she can leave her car in 24/7 even when I have a project going :D

My shack:

I have two two car garages. The front one came with the house. It's your standard two car. I store my crx and my wife's car in the front. It's where she stores things, the kids play, etc. Standard and junky:

If you look closely at the second pic, you can see a door in front of those stairs. They lead to "my garage".

This is where I play. I store my eg and ep3 in there. It's got just one door for access, and the "people" door to the other side.

When the house was built, there was an odd space here, and I thought it'd be perfect for a garage. I can actually fit 3 crxs side by side here...lol. The person door has a door lock and a deadbolt. The back garage has no windows or any other doors. I did this for security reasons.

My father in law built the wood cabinents himself and they are all on wooden rollers in case I decide to move them around. I'm anal about keeping this clean and sweep it at least twice a week.

After one of our local meets:

Tony doing the wiretuck on my mom's other crx:

Good times...

How old are your kids?

First off, my son thinks the shop-vac is the pinnacle of coolness,...period, as long as he's not trying to suck up shop rags and beer bottles

He earns his "walking money" by keeping it clean ;)

So if you wished you would have done ONE thing different with the new garage build... what would it have been? I figure if I ask enough people that question.......... :D

2 daughters. One is 11, the other 13. The older one knows how to drive a 5 speed already....lol.

The ONLY thing I wish I did was add a lift. I would have had to severely change the angle of the roof to do it right. A pit idea was tossed around, but they are very limited in what you can do, and are somewhat dangerous.

damn, i wish i had a dad like you! haha i'm 18 and i couldn't imagine having a father that was a honda enthusiast. the only honda toy he has is his vfr interceptor

Vegas "your" garage is awesome! I just bought my first house about a year ago with my wife and all we could find in our price range was a two car! It is pretty cramped but I have a place for my work bench and all the tools (i am a tool collector)! My eight year old wants nothing to do with our garage, as well as the wife; LOL! Now I have to go and take pictures of my garage at lunch!

Will be back!~

You guys have nice playspaces! My 2 car garage is full of Volkswagen on one side, and Volkswagen parts mixed with stuff pulled out so that I can put my "new" workbench together on the other. The other Bug has to stay in the driveway rfor the time being! Chad, it looks as if our garages have at least one thing in common, I have the same Weller soldering station! I was able to get a lot of nice stuff for my workshop when the company I work for stopped doing car installations!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fast03ep View Post
    Chad, it looks as if our garages have at least one thing in common, I have the same Weller soldering station! I was able to get a lot of nice stuff for my workshop when the company I work for stopped doing car installations!
    I love my Weller WTCPT! I'll pretty much always grab it before the Pace re-work station, just something about the way it feels, I'll even go so far as to let it cool down and replace the tip before I grab the Pace with the right size tip already installed

question about your name, do you have a chevy s10 and you are Vega, or are you vegas 10?

I use the same user name on VERY forum I vist, even eBay. "VegaS10" was taken on ebay, so I had to settle for vega_s10. I was NOT happy.

Years ago, I had a Chevy S10 I competed in in dBDrag racing. It had 6 Cerwin-Vega Stroker 15's in it (the REAL ones with the adjustable pole piece).

The first forum I registered at was www.termpro.com. I had to come up with a user name so "VegaS10" was what flowed the best to me. I've been a member there for 8 years and have moderated it for about 6.

If you ever go anywhere on the 'net and see "VegaS10" it's a 99% chance it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaS10 View Post
    Years ago, I had a Chevy S10 I competed in in dBDrag racing. It had 6 Cerwin-Vega Stroker 15's in it (the REAL ones with the adjustable pole piece).
    Gene Cerwinski called, he says you have to send that JBL 50th banner to me

No sir, that is MINE!!!!...lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information