Close

View Poll Results: Type R badges on a USDM Civic = RICEY?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rice all the way, I don't care how much you whore JDM

76 24.84%
  • Rice, your USDM is stock!

45 14.71%
  • Not Rice, Do what you want it's your life.

95 31.05%
  • Not Rice, Looks good on a JDM modified ep3

90 29.41%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    Another question, can the red H emblems be rice then since they only come with the type r?
    no.
    Because they arent saying, this car is a type r
    they are saying, this is a honda, except im a red emblem not a black emblem.

If i had a 240 that said Silvia on it, itd be rice.
    If I had a car without nos and put a nos sticker on it; nos
    its false advertisement, which is technically all rice is.
    Its all show.

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    is your car a CTR?
    I think you can understand my sentiment on them from that. If its not a ctr, dont lie and tell people it is, its just as bad as putting nos stickers on your car when you dont have nos.
    about like when folks put the nissan "GT-R" badges on a mustang GT, thinking it means "GT-Race car". thats just wrong on so many different levels.

speaking of, back when the pontiac vibe first came out, pontiac had a production ready version on the show stand with off the autozone shelf GT-R badges. when mitsubishi brought over the GTO, it was renamed 3000GT out of courtesy. yet GM can blatantly rip off someone else and its supposed to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolimport View Post
    about like when folks put the nissan "GT-R" badges on a mustang GT, thinking it means "GT-Race car". thats just wrong on so many different levels.

speaking of, back when the pontiac vibe first came out, pontiac had a production ready version on the show stand with off the autozone shelf GT-R badges. when mitsubishi brought over the GTO, it was renamed 3000GT out of courtesy. yet GM can blatantly rip off someone else and its supposed to be ok.
    yeah thats pretty bad.
    I just cant stand misbadging.

May wind Oct. rain
    no.

Its all show.
    Technically, a 240 is a renamed Silvia. Japanese auto makers like to give their cars American (English) names, but the U.S. distributors thought it was corny to car named Silvia.

Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    Technically, a 240 is a renamed Silvia. Japanese auto makers like to give their cars American (English) names, but the U.S. distributors thought it was corny to car named Silvia.
    I mean sure
    but technically a civic si is a renamed civic type r too.
    an s14 240 and an s14 silvia are very different cars, they have different headlights and different motors
    just like an ep3 si and an ep3 type r are very different cars, with different bumpers and headlights and motors. regaurdless of if they share the same chassis, they're different cars in my opinion.

I mean sure
    an s14 240 and an s14 silvia are very different cars, they have different headlights and different motors
    just like an ep3 si and an ep3 type r are very different cars, with different bumpers and headlights and motors. regaurdless of if they share the same chassis, they're different cars in my opinion.
    Agreed.

They are completely different models, just like the FA5 Civic SI is different from the FD2 Type R........

I voted to do whatever the hell you want to your car. It's yours.

Just don't sport GTR bages, i'll sigh face at you

May wind Oct. rain
    I mean sure
    You are not getting the point. The original 240 here in the U.S. was suppose to be a copy of the original Silvia, but the distributors here had to remodel it to make it fit in with the current models of the time. They didn't know how well it would compete with the other car manufacturers and went cheap with the car. The 240 is still known as a Silvia to automakers even though it doesn't even resemble the Silvia in Japan.

The Si here was never suppose to be a copy of the Type R and was suppose to be a copy of the base model EP for economical/sale reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    You are not getting the point. The original 240 here in the U.S. was suppose to be a copy of the original Silvia, but the distributors here had to remodel it to make it fit in with the current models of the time. They didn't know how well it would compete with the other car manufacturers and went cheap with the car. The 240 is still known as a Silvia to automakers even though it doesn't even resemble the Silvia in Japan.

The Si here was never suppose to be a copy of the Type R and was suppose to be a copy of the base model EP for economical/sale reasons.
    Well I guess that makes it slightly more acceptable, but in my eyes its still a completely different car, it comes with a different motor and its styled different, thats a big enough difference, regardless of intention, to not be allowed to call a run of the mill 240 a silvia.

no.

Its all show.
    i think i already mentioned this in the thread, but the red badge is reserved for the type r...so its as much a designation as the type r badge itself, it just doesnt say "TYPE R"...

or atleast thats what i think, but i could give a shit, i love my red badges...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

广州本田
    we are all ricers, so who cares

You can put a K20a in it, you can put the JDM front and back bumpers on, you can put the recaro's in, you can put the side skirts on but at the end of the day, it's still not a TYPE R. It's your car but at the end of the day, I won't be the one get laughed at. Believe me, your not fooling anyone.

Just one of many opinions on here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    i think i already mentioned this in the thread, but the red badge is reserved for the type r...so its as much a designation as the type r badge itself, it just doesnt say "TYPE R"...

or atleast thats what i think, but i could give a shit, i love my red badges...
    I had the same discussion in some german Honda forum....

the red Honda badge stands only for a sportive car...not more....that it is a Type-R is defined by the "TypeR" badges on front grille and tailgate and by the stickers on side skirts..

This was the final conclution we had about this problem...and TypeR drivers accepted it, too....

I know some Type-R driver, which removed the Stickers and TypeR badge on tailgate. He replaced the tailgate red h badge with the normal chrome looking one like i had give on my tailgate ( he would giv eme his red one, but broken when removing it)...

But we changed our grille's to each other...so I get some full CTR grille...but removed the TypeR badge...this would be a stupid "Shiner" when on grille stands TypeR and then its powered by a brutally D14 engine...

But he has now some real shiner....a SSM CTR with a look of some normal available "Civic Sport" with optional CTR tailgate spoiler ( yeah...you could buy here some sportive Civic with look of TypeR)

You can spend your money on better things...but as everyone has already said ten thousand times, at the end of the day it's your car

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    we are all ricers, so who cares
    haha truth! imho if it has type-R badges then it better have rolled off the assembly line as a type-R. OR it better be a complete conversion, motor, exterior, seats, et al. Otherwise the only reason the badge is on their is because you think it looks nifty, which constitutes rice.

My Si rocks the Si badges because well...it's an Si.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-alternative View Post
    I had the same discussion in some german Honda forum....

the red Honda badge stands only for a sportive car...not more....that it is a Type-R is defined by the "TypeR" badges on front grille and tailgate and by the stickers on side skirts..

This was the final conclution we had about this problem...and TypeR drivers accepted it, too....

I know some Type-R driver, which removed the Stickers and TypeR badge on tailgate. He replaced the tailgate red h badge with the normal chrome looking one like i had give on my tailgate ( he would giv eme his red one, but broken when removing it)...

But we changed our grille's to each other...so I get some full CTR grille...but removed the TypeR badge...this would be a stupid "Shiner" when on grille stands TypeR and then its powered by a brutally D14 engine...

But he has now some real shiner....a SSM CTR with a look of some normal available "Civic Sport" with optional CTR tailgate spoiler ( yeah...you could buy here some sportive Civic with look of TypeR)
    thats pretty cool!!

i was going off of my type r brochures i have collected and the 04/05 type r one and the new euro type r one said that the red badge was for the type r and the formula cars...:noidea:
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information