Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    what size of belt you guys use for 3.8 or 3.7 pulley???

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    def is a good price for what he was including, also if i remember correctly he was going to try to utilize the stock auto tensioner, but i might be mistaken, seems to me that would be kinda hard to do
    Nope not at all. I have a OEM tensioner set up for JRSC myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Nope not at all. I have a OEM tensioner set up for JRSC myself.
    really? thats cool as shit, longer belt?

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    really? thats cool as shit, longer belt?
    I have a 62.2" belt. Its kinda not accurate for you guys as I'm running a RSX JRSC and have a K20a2 crank pully. So a touch different.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    what size of belt you guys use for 3.8 or 3.7 pulley???
    PM Oogy Boogy. I don't have the belt # for the 3.8" or the 3.7" yet. If you do get a part #, please PM me with it. Also PM me with the brand of belt and where to buy it.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Sorry John, lost it all in the crash.
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    I have a 62.2" belt. Its kinda not accurate for you guys as I'm running a RSX JRSC and have a K20a2 crank pully. So a touch different.

i have same set up except mine is k20z1 with ep3 crank pulley and i'm running 4.0" supercharger pulley. i'm thinking of upgrading to race kit 3.8 or 3.7 supercharger pulley with 2.5 rsx tensioner. i just wanna know what belt to use before doing the upgrade.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    i have same set up except mine is k20z1 with ep3 crank pulley and i'm running 4.0" supercharger pulley. i'm thinking of upgrading to race kit 3.8 or 3.7 supercharger pulley with 2.5 rsx tensioner. i just wanna know what belt to use before doing the upgrade.
    The 62.2" belt can be used with the 4"/2" combo, and the 3.8"/2.5" blower/tensioner combo. A few people have used the same belt on the 3.8" pulley and the original 2" tensioner, but others ran out of adjustment room.

Get a Gatorback belt. The 62.2" part # is 4070622.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    The 62.2" belt can be used with the 4"/2" combo, and the 3.8"/2.5" blower/tensioner combo. A few people have used the same belt on the 3.8" pulley and the original 2" tensioner, but others ran out of adjustment room.

Get a Gatorback belt. The 62.2" part # is 4070622.
    Exactly right here. Just giving another opinion

nice post keeps me wanting to save up for my street kit then upgrade to race kit

good to know what your putting in the engine, very good info for sure

Will I pass CA smog with a street kit +AEM CAI and Magnaflow catback?

i am curious to understand what kind of hell these kits will play on the internals of these engines. i am unfamiliar with the type of internals utilized in these engines and would like to here from those running the kits for awhile. also what accesories would be smart to run with the extra boost? oil catchs, coolers, etc...

appreciate any reponse

-MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedMIKE View Post
    i am curious to understand what kind of hell these kits will play on the internals of these engines. i am unfamiliar with the type of internals utilized in these engines and would like to here from those running the kits for awhile. also what accesories would be smart to run with the extra boost? oil catchs, coolers, etc...

appreciate any reponse

-MIKE
    The JRSC is really safe as long as you have the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. But like with all forced induction, it is always going to cause more wear and tear over stock. An oil catch can is very much recommended and can help with keeping the valves and intake clean. A lot of people have a ton of miles with the JRSC and have had no issues. I put all my stuff on at 18,000 miles, had the car tuned, and now have 110,000 miles with no isses, other than what I have caused myself. I changed the oil in the S/C at about 80,000 miles on the blower and it is still going strong. As long as you keep up with proper maintenance, it will treat you well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    The JRSC is really safe as long as you have the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. But like with all forced induction, it is always going to cause more wear and tear over stock. An oil catch can is very much recommended and can help with keeping the valves and intake clean. A lot of people have a ton of miles with the JRSC and have had no issues. I put all my stuff on at 18,000 miles, had the car tuned, and now have 110,000 miles with no isses, other than what I have caused myself. I changed the oil in the S/C at about 80,000 miles on the blower and it is still going strong. As long as you keep up with proper maintenance, it will treat you well.
    did you take the sc out when you changed the oil?

Yes, I pulled it off because I wanted to also replace my PCV valve since I had just rolled the motor over 100K miles.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information