Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I plan on doing the same thing. Did you get the PCV valve from supercharger.com? Do you know the part number? How much did it cost?

Jrsc ftw!
    Last edited by jtrolinger; 06-05-2010 at 05:29 AM.

"Will I pass CA smog with a street kit +AEM CAI and Magnaflow catback?"

Your Magnaflow Catback is a direct replacement exhaust and doesn't modify the cat at all & your Blower and CAI have CARB# on them..second CA cops might pull you over for the loud exhaust (I have magnaflow) and give you a fix it ticket or have you visit a referee because they are douches...my advice is jot down the carb number on your blower and CAI and reference them with this website http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php and print it out and keep it in your car so you can whip it out whenever needed. As for your exhaust I would keep the 2 1/4" pipe and switch back to stock axle back. I've heard it has pretty good flow. I hope this helps guy![/QUOTE]

Finally installed the JRSC on my K24/k20z3 Ep. Running strong!
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Im running a stock 2007 tsx in my ep and want to supercharge it. Is there a jrsc that bolts direct onto my motor?

Quote Originally Posted by firmk20 View Post
    Im running a stock 2007 tsx in my ep and want to supercharge it. Is there a jrsc that bolts direct onto my motor?
    yea man, the jrsc for the stock ep3 engine will work fine. be prepared to grin ear to ear, you are going to build the setup i want. a k24a2 + jrsc is SEX

Supercharged K24A2>sex

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    Supercharged K24A2>sex
    dude i want a vid of your setup :)

I might be able to do that sometime.

thinking about going this route also have a stock 07 k24a2
    just need to read up on which SC to roll with or whether to fuck with turbo.
    I would basically need to buy the street kit for the ep3, upgrade the injectors to 650 and get a 3.3 supercharger pulley, relocate the MAP sensor
    so I can get the carb sticker and still have the race kit, correct?

for the k24 that I can either go with a
    6.3 cp and 3.8" supercharger pulley = 14,100 rpm (or around 6.9psi)
    6.3 cp 3.6" supercharger pulley = 14,900 rpm (or around 8.5psi)
    6.3 cp 3.3" supercharger pulley = 16,300 rpm (or around 11.1psi)

Is the k24a2 cp the same size as the 2008-2010 accord cp?
    But then again someone made the statement below:

I agree but a word of caution with the JRSC...Since it gets hotter the more boost you try to make, the psi levels drop due to the increased air temperature. There is a point where the heat from the charger is heating up the air so much that the smaller pulley, installed specifically to make more boost, is useless. Because of this, a 3.8" pulley is typically the smallest viable pulley you can run. A 3.7" is pushing it and usually seems to be used solely for race days.

So should I not go with a SC pulley less than 3.8?
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 01-06-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Selling a full RSX spec JRSC with aftercooler and methanol injection if anyone is interested. Ill post up a thread detailing the goods. had to go with the RSX JRSC to fit the aftercooler core.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    Selling a full RSX spec JRSC with aftercooler and methanol injection if anyone is interested. Ill post up a thread detailing the goods. had to go with the RSX JRSC to fit the aftercooler core.
    Can you tell me more about this. Im in the market for a SC, just not sure which one rotrex or jrsc?Just starting to read a little about them today. So what exactly does the aftercooler and methanol injection? Do I still use 91 high octane gas? I will have to mod the rsx jrsc to fit it onto my ep right? Can you post or pm me some pics. Why you selling? Whats the mileage on the JRSC how long do they usually last? tnx
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by papituyo326 View Post
    selling a full rsx spec jrsc with aftercooler and methanol injection if anyone is interested. Ill post up a thread detailing the goods. Had to go with the rsx jrsc to fit the aftercooler core.
    ohhh price!!! Pm me asap!

Quote Originally Posted by madlorglk View Post
    Can you tell me more about this. Im in the market for a SC, just not sure which one rotrex or jrsc?Just starting to read a little about them today. So what exactly does the aftercooler and methanol injection? Do I still use 91 high octane gas? I will have to mod the rsx jrsc to fit it onto my ep right? Can you post or pm me some pics. Why you selling? Whats the mileage on the JRSC how long do they usually last? tnx
    The aftercooler is essentially a system comprised of two heat exchangers, a pump, a reservoir, and a coolant. One of the heat exchangers is mounted (welded) on a plate on the bottom of the RSX JRSC access plate. The other is mounted in front of the car much like an intercoolers heat exchanger. The hot JRSC air is cooled by the heat exchanger within the JRSC. The water flows constantly through the JRSC's heat exchanger, through the pump, and through the front mounted heat exchanger. This keeps the coolant nice and cool.

JRSC Heat Exchanger

Mounted on the JRSC

Methanol Injection is just like what it sounds. You have a trunk mounted reservoir, a pump, some lines, and an orifice (nozzle). You fill the trunk's reservoir with some methanol/water mix and shoot it directly into the intake. This allows for cooler intake temperatures and gains with tuning. Usually 20-40whp and 10-20wtq on SC'd A2s and K24s. I believe a membere here has a tuned A3 on methanol injection hovering at just a littler over 270 to the wheels.

Together they are good for about 50-70 hp on tuned A2s and K24 motors. Id expect close to 300-310 on a properly tuned A3 with good supporting mods.

The Evolution:

Quote Originally Posted by madlorglk View Post
    thinking about going this route also have a stock 07 k24a2
    just need to read up on which SC to roll with or whether to fuck with turbo.
    I would basically need to buy the street kit for the ep3, upgrade the injectors to 650 and get a 3.3 supercharger pulley, relocate the MAP sensor
    so I can get the carb sticker and still have the race kit, correct?

for the k24 that I can either go with a
    6.3 cp and 3.8" supercharger pulley = 14,100 rpm (or around 6.9psi)
    6.3 cp 3.6" supercharger pulley = 14,900 rpm (or around 8.5psi)
    6.3 cp 3.3" supercharger pulley = 16,300 rpm (or around 11.1psi)

Is the k24a2 cp the same size as the 2008-2010 accord cp?
    But then again someone made the statement below:

I agree but a word of caution with the JRSC...Since it gets hotter the more boost you try to make, the psi levels drop due to the increased air temperature. There is a point where the heat from the charger is heating up the air so much that the smaller pulley, installed specifically to make more boost, is useless. Because of this, a 3.8" pulley is typically the smallest viable pulley you can run. A 3.7" is pushing it and usually seems to be used solely for race days.

So should I not go with a SC pulley less than 3.8?
    your calculations are off a little bit. at 7700 rpms i am making 10.9psi even and i have a 6.3" crank pulley and a 3.8" blower pulley. if you decide to run any smaller of a pulley on the blower with a 6.3" crank pulley you risk running the chance of overspinning the blower and you do not want to do that as the clearance between the rotors spinning twice the engine speed is about .005" so there is barely any room for error. on a k24a2 the pulley setup i am running would net you some awesome numbers and be reliable. its all in the tune, yes the IAT's are going to skyrocket if you dont have a cooling system like an aftercooler or a methanol kit. id recommend running an aquamist kit over an aftercooler. it takes injector pulse width measurments, TPS and load measurments and injects with throttle, normal driving (if needed) and full throttle driving. they are very popular in the evo/sti community and a freind of mine has one, and it really works. comes with a gauge that shows exactly what the kit is doing and how much its injecting. if i had the money it would have been installed in my car. its around 500$, a lot cheaper than the aftercooler and a lot less complicated.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information