Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ghetto race kit comments

hey guys, well i've been running the street kit since january and i'm thinking of upping the power. i have the race kit sitting in my garage, but it seems that it might take me a while to get k-pro.

so i've been thinking about doing the ghetto race kit for now, and get k-pro sometime down the road. just a few questions.

has anybody had major issues running this ghetto race kit?
    all i need to get is 310cc injectors? i have the 4" pulley in my garage
    how much will i gain running the race kit? i put down 182whp and 165ft-lbs on my current setup

any other comments please post. thanks in advance

why you got to be ghetto 4?? save up your cash and get that pro! but hey i feel you though ma dude! i dont know much about superchargers. good luck though

is there any difference at all between putting the pulley on and swapping injectors vs buying the actual race kit?

the race kit does not come with 310's it comes with 440's.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    IIRC Musty (mustclime) has been running the 4" pulley with the powercard and no other fuel upgrades for at least a year.

Mel

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    i wouldnt do it mang....esp with all the problems you have been having with your power card and running lean CELs

def do it the right way mang and save your motor

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Would you rather cheap out on the upgrade and risk your whole engine, or spend the extra money to do the upgrade correctly and ensure your engine's safety? The choice is yours. I would save up and do the race upgrade correctly.

Trust me...experience says save the money and do it right the first time, or else it will end up costing you more in the long run.

just save for k-pro. wait it out

I also say wait it out. Without K-pro, it will run ok and stuff.... But you will be seriously missing its full potential, a good tune is everything.

spend a lot now spend a lot less later

Well, there are a couple of problems in trying what you are asking.

1st If you install 310's you will probably max them out when you hit full boost. Max them out and you will being doing a swap sooner than you every thought.

2nd If you go with 440's I do not believe (but I am not the powercard expert) you can alter the injector size with the powercard, so under non boost conditions you will be running way way rich. I am sure you can tune the powercard for boost conditions.

If, and I mean IF you really want to do this ghetto style you will proably need at least (am I know I will get a lot of flack for saying this) an emanage (with the support tool) and 440's.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    If, and I mean IF you really want to do this ghetto style you will proably need at least (am I know I will get a lot of flack for saying this) an emanage (with the support tool) and 440's.
    This is exactly what I was going to recommend. You'll need the larger injectors and way to control them, i.e. EMANAGE!! It works fine, ignore the haters, this will save you a few $$ bucks and let you upgrade to the race kit. But you'll need to TUNE the e-manage so learn to do it yourself and do it on the street, or pay a tuner.

Banned
    works for me.....get one stage cooler than stock plugs though.........as for maxing out the injectors, well, there are a lot of guys out there with race kits putting out around 210 whp.....thats fine for 310 injectors...I do not recomend rh with this set up though.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOW EP3 View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to recommend. You'll need the larger injectors and way to control them, i.e. EMANAGE!! It works fine, ignore the haters, this will save you a few $$ bucks and let you upgrade to the race kit. But you'll need to TUNE the e-manage so learn to do it yourself and do it on the street, or pay a tuner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    works for me.....get one stage cooler than stock plugs though.........as for maxing out the injectors, well, there are a lot of guys out there with race kits putting out around 210 whp.....thats fine for 310 injectors...I do not recomend rh with this set up though.
    well right now i have 1 step colder plugs already on. but the 440cc will not work with the powercard right? i do have the 440cc injectors, 4" pulley and map relocater in my garage. basically what i am asking is will it be safe enough where i can run the 4" pulley on the powercard and should i use 310cc or 440cc injectors with this setup?

also on a side note, my other engine mods consist of aem cai/ dc shorty/ megan tp/ greddy evo2. musty i know you said that you wouldn't reccomend a rh with this setup, and i'm assuming that includes my setup of shorty header and testpipe

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information