Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    well right now i have 1 step colder plugs already on. but the 440cc will not work with the powercard right? i do have the 440cc injectors, 4" pulley and map relocater in my garage. basically what i am asking is will it be safe enough where i can run the 4" pulley on the powercard and should i use 310cc or 440cc injectors with this setup?
    I'd like to know this answer as well, im sure it isnt possible without tuning the powercard, but would also like to know what the options are.

Makes no sense to run race kit setup without proper engine management.
    Even with JR base map, i would still get tuned asap.

Save money seriously, then jump on race setup, you will thank me later.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Civicvtec1ps View Post
    Makes no sense to run race kit setup without proper engine management.
    Even with JR base map, i would still get tuned asap.

Save money seriously, then jump on race setup, you will thank me later.
    Ok,if I am running a ghetto race kit safely for almost a year and lets say I am makeing like ( I will guess low to keep you from looking like a total moron) 190 whp with a cat. Running a k-pro with the stock cat on a race kit is going to top out at about 210whp with a tune.....the problem is k-pro is like 900 bucks and tuneing is going to run 400-600 bucks( in nj anyway).....so for 20 whp, I would be paying a minimum 1300 bucks...thats 65 bucks a hp......thats a rip imo

Oh, fyi....in the notheast you should really have 2 tunes, one for summer gas and one for winter gas. The stock ecu does this for you but k-pro needs a new tune......thats mo money.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    I used to argue with you musty but your plugs and time without issues are showing us it's possible with the powercard. I can't throw stones as Phil (fsu) ran his charger in the same fashion for some time without even knowing (JR shipped it with the 4" pulley).

I can't remember but have you ever had your AF checked on a dyno at WOT?
    Mel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    well right now i have 1 step colder plugs already on. but the 440cc will not work with the powercard right? i do have the 440cc injectors, 4" pulley and map relocater in my garage. basically what i am asking is will it be safe enough where i can run the 4" pulley on the powercard and should i use 310cc or 440cc injectors with this setup?

also on a side note, my other engine mods consist of aem cai/ dc shorty/ megan tp/ greddy evo2. musty i know you said that you wouldn't reccomend a rh with this setup, and i'm assuming that includes my setup of shorty header and testpipe
    Ok my total setup is
    4inch pulley,310cc injectors, rsx cai,dc shorty header,one step cooler denso plugs, sk2 cat back and the stock cat.....car has 10,000 miles on this setup with no issues.

If you are running a Test Pipe with the stock ecu , you will trip the cel for the secondary o2 sensor. The ecu will richen the mixture to try to make the car meet emisions, so you will run st00pid rich. I know this because I tried A high flow cat and my milage dropped when the cell was poped by about 5-8 mpg .....I am back to the stock cat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    I used to argue with you musty but your plugs and time without issues are showing us it's possible with the powercard. I can't throw stones as Phil (fsu) ran his charger in the same fashion for some time without even knowing (JR shipped it with the 4" pulley).

I can't remember but have you ever had your AF checked on a dyno at WOT?
    No, I keep tring to make a dyno day and they always seem to be on autoX days( I have done 6 this year so far)....I might look into buying one of those sensors that read out of the port at some point but right now I am trying to get a quaife in my trans.....Look, you know how the blower works, there is no boost unless you are on 3/4 to full throtel, the power card just reads boost and dumps fuel, as long as you have injectors that can dump enough gas at those times, you should be fine.

If the truth be known, I would love the motor to blow. Then I could pickup a k24a1 to run on my stock ecu( just to piss off all those k-poor people out there).....

How do you think the JRSC-G would react if you put the Hondata reflash in there?

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    G??
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    G??
    Ghetto

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    How do you think the JRSC-G would react if you put the Hondata reflash in there?
    Your stock ecu is a learing computer, it reacts to changes picked up by the sensors and adjusts timeing,mixture,ect so you meet emition standards and you motor stays "safe". Hondadata removes all the "smart" from your ecu and just downloads what they want to happen in to the ecu.....reflashed ecu's will not work with a power card....sorry

Almost Not Slow... blackhatchsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    Your stock ecu is a learing computer, it reacts to changes picked up by the sensors and adjusts timeing,mixture,ect so you meet emition standards and you motor stays "safe". Hondadata removes all the "smart" from your ecu and just downloads what they want to happen in to the ecu.....reflashed ecu's will not work with a power card....sorry
    It still learns with Hondata right? I mean, if it didn't, would you have to have a different tune everytime the weather changed?

Wow, I knew about the 'smart' aspects of the ECU but did not know that the reflash removed that. Thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Wow, I knew about the 'smart' aspects of the ECU but did not know that the reflash removed that. Thanks.
    correct, a reflash "dumbs" up you ecu.....power card will not work with a reflash.

Ok my total setup is
    4inch pulley,310cc injectors, rsx cai,dc shorty header,one step cooler denso plugs, sk2 cat back and the stock cat.....car has 10,000 miles on this setup with no issues.

If you are running a Test Pipe with the stock ecu , you will trip the cel for the secondary o2 sensor. The ecu will richen the mixture to try to make the car meet emisions, so you will run st00pid rich. I know this because I tried A high flow cat and my milage dropped when the cell was poped by about 5-8 mpg .....I am back to the stock cat.
    ok so i think my setup very soon is going to be 4" & 310cc injectors with cai/h/tp/e

i have a 02 sim for my secondary and i haven't thrown a code since i installed it which was over a year now.

where is the cheapest place to find 310cc injectors? i know from acura its going to cost an arm and a leg

Hey Musty, what kind of MPG numbers are you seeing with that setup?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information