Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhatchsi View Post
    It still learns with Hondata right? I mean, if it didn't, would you have to have a different tune everytime the weather changed?
    There is an IAT compensation table somewhere in the bowels of Kpro. That's used to adjust fuel a bit for different temperatures, but the stored cam, timing, and fuel maps are not changed. The STFT/LTFT (short term / long term fuel trim) can also compensate somewhat to keep your A/F at stoich, but again, the maps themselves are not changed and timing cannot be adjusted on-the-fly at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Hey Musty, what kind of MPG numbers are you seeing with that setup?
    autoX weeks = 22mpg
    regular weeks = 26mpg
    driving like a adult and staying out of boost = 31
    highway onlyonlong trips = 33mpg

I find the best place to find 310cc injectors is clubrsx since thats one of the places they come from....310s also come on tsx's so you could look on their fourms....

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    autoX weeks = 22mpg
    regular weeks = 26mpg
    driving like a adult and staying out of boost = 31
    highway onlyonlong trips = 33mpg

I find the best place to find 310cc injectors is clubrsx since thats one of the places they come from....310s also come on tsx's so you could look on their fourms....
    are the 310cc on both the old and new rsx-s?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    are the 310cc on both the old and new rsx-s?
    I think so............

I think so............
    ight sweet im picking up 4 tomorrow for $40

ghetto race kit will be on sunday

also stupid question, but does the map relocater need to be installed on the ghetto race kit? i'm asking because i dont understand what that part is for

also stupid question, but does the map relocater need to be installed on the ghetto race kit? i'm asking because i dont understand what that part is for
    The MAP sensor in its stock location on the TB can't see the actual boost created by the SC. With the Powercard that's fine (the stock ECU doesn't have cam/fuel/timing maps for boost), but if you're using the reflash or Kpro you want the ECU to see the boost pressure and index the extended maps accordingly.

Would it be fine to relocate the MAP sensor anyway if you were to do the ghetto setup? Just to save a step later down the road if you decide to upgrade to Kpro.

I'd be carefull doing this man, you may be be maxing out the injectors before you reach max boost. I have a similar set up but with a jr race header, let me know how it handles, i may do this as well.

Banned

no.....

for the record, I recomend you run the stock cat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Would it be fine to relocate the MAP sensor anyway if you were to do the ghetto setup? Just to save a step later down the road if you decide to upgrade to Kpro.
    No, because it would freak out the stock ECU. The Powercard handles the extra fuel when in boost.

no.....

for the record, I recomend you run the stock cat.....
    running a tp with this setup makes the car run more rich correct? wouldn't it be better to run a little more rich rather then run a little lean?

Banned
    running a tp with this setup makes the car run more rich correct? wouldn't it be better to run a little more rich rather then run a little lean?
    No, the thing I am worried about is the ecu gets all the info it needs to keep the motor safe.....if there o2 sensors are reading ok on ether side of the cat, there is no way for you to run lean with out popping a cel. The minute you go lean, the co will go up and the cel will pop....the sim gets in the way of this imo. Do whatever you want, the above is main for running a cat, well that and I kinda like the planet.

No, the thing I am worried about is the ecu gets all the info it needs to keep the motor safe.....if there o2 sensors are reading ok on ether side of the cat, there is no way for you to run lean with out popping a cel. The minute you go lean, the co will go up and the cel will pop....the sim gets in the way of this imo. Do whatever you want, the above is main for running a cat, well that and I kinda like the planet.
    The sim goes on the secondary, which isn't used for A/F monitoring at all, just for verifying that the cat is working properly. Only the primary is used to measure the A/F ratio - you can completely remove the secondary and your car will run the exact same as before (other than a P0420 and a CEL).

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    The sim goes on the secondary, which isn't used for A/F monitoring at all, just for verifying that the cat is working properly. Only the primary is used to measure the A/F ratio - you can completely remove the secondary and your car will run the exact same as before (other than a P0420 and a CEL).
    so basically i should be fine with the tp. alright well its going on sunday i will let you guys know how it works out. i'm praying nothing goes bad since i'm still in debt for having to get my head rebuilt

hey musty, everybody is talking about maxing out my injectors. just wondering how high you rev, because if you take it to redline which i assume you do when you race and have no problems, i shouldn't be worried

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information