Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    hey musty, everybody is talking about maxing out my injectors. just wondering how high you rev, because if you take it to redline which i assume you do when you race and have no problems, i shouldn't be worried
    Well what is the max whp for a type-s with 310cc injectors?.....like 210.....with a stock cat in, that is about the max of what you will see with a jrsc-r on a k20a3.....thats another reason I am running the stock cat. It is there to restrict the motor so the 310's will work...........you want to run your test pipe, do not blame me if you go lean.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    Well what is the max whp for a type-s with 310cc injectors?.....like 210.....with a stock cat in, that is about the max of what you will see with a jrsc-r on a k20a3.....thats another reason I am running the stock cat. It is there to restrict the motor so the 310's will work...........you want to run your test pipe, do not blame me if you go lean.
    i'm not gonna blame anybody but myself

well i just finished the install, the idle is fine and feels good, ill keep posted if i get a cel or if it starts to run bad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    i'm not gonna blame anybody but myself

well i just finished the install, the idle is fine and feels good, ill keep posted if i get a cel or if it starts to run bad
    make sure you clear in the ecu.....pull the ecu fuse from the fuse box under the hood....You should do this every time you do a mod.

great...

so after about 20 miles on the ghetto kit, i go up to my friends house to hang out. don't really kill it but i do a 3rd gear pull on the highway. its pulling nice and after that babying it.

fyi since the install, i think the bearing is bad on the supercharger pulley because its making alot of noise.

so im at my friends house for about an hour, and i go to leave. i start the car up and i hear a weird noise coming from the engine bay as i started her up.

so i kind of ignore it, it was probably the pulley making the noise so i head home and i decide to pull into the parking lot near my house just to double check everything under the hood.

so i pop the hood, the belt is 1/2 way off!!! and there is a ticking noise coming from near the fuel rail. great...

so anyways i drive to my other friends house (the kid that helped me install the supercharger in the 1st place) and we fix the belt and the tension. the pulley is still making noise but still there is this ticking near the fuel rail. i have no idea whether its just the sound from the pulley echoing thru my engine bay or it is something in my engine bay. all i know is when i rev the car at the tb, the engine shakes fairly hard (then again it could just be in my head) and the noise speeds up and gets louder as the revs get higher. also when i'm driving i can't hear it besides at idle

car drives completely fine and so far no cel. i hope the engine is fine, it has a brand new head on it and i definitely cannot afford another swap. any ideas guys

injector pulse.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    The injectors can be loud.

If the bearing is going on the charger remove it ASAP and have it repaired at Moss (Mag). Otherwise, you're just asking for trouble (trust me).
    Mel

Banned
    I have to ask......how did you change the pulley?

the noise could just be the injectors firing, but get that bearing checked out asap

are the 310cc injectors alot louder then the stock injectors?

on my way home from work when i revved in neutral while in motion it was barely making the noise if it wasn't in boost, and it was alot louder when i was in gear and was at the same rpm. i have a feeling that the noise is mostly the pulley.

How is the pulley introducing noise?
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    I have to ask......how did you change the pulley?
    i used a low profile clamp to hold the big nut on the pulley and used a breaker bar to loosen the nut. and i torqued the new 1 to 45 ft-lbs. then again this kit was used for 38,000 miles before i bought it, so maybe it is time for a new pulley

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    How is the pulley introducing noise?
    well correct me if i am wrong, but revving in neutral doesn't spin the pulley as fast as when i'm in gear putting strain on it. it sounds like a rumbling noise and it progresses as the revs get higher in gear

The whine is the charger. You shouldn't have any rubbing noises. It's just another parasitic pulley.
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy View Post
    The whine is the charger. You shouldn't have any rubbing noises. It's just another parasitic pulley.
    no this isn't the whine that i hear even though i definitely hear that to when i accelerate. but it seems to be the loudest at idle and low rpm and its not a rubbing noise, but a rumbling noise, its very hard to explain. maybe tomorrow morning i will get a video to give you guys an idea (my parents are home now and cannot know about this because they will kill me, and i mean that literally)

How's your belt tension (checking from the charger pulley down to the crank)?
    Mel

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information