Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm not sure but it seem like a common problem. It happened a few time on my old eg. I don't believe you are to put grease on them when you install it. I am going to try and get to swap out my clutch disk this weekend and replace the throw out bearing while im at it. If someone has an idea of why this happens please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    I'm not sure but it seem like a common problem. It happened a few time on my old eg. I don't believe you are to put grease on them when you install it. I am going to try and get to swap out my clutch disk this weekend and replace the throw out bearing while im at it. If someone has an idea of why this happens please chime in.
    Lemme know how it goes, because its getting to the point where its becoming VERY much of a pain in my rear end, and im thinking about spending the half a day taking the transmission down to fix it. Lemme know what ya do. I dont want to replace the throw out bearing if itll probably do it again. I too have a performance clutch. I wonder if we need a heavy duty throw out bearing or something or if they even make one.

I not sure. I ordered a koyo throw out bearing so i will see. I run the redx3 pp but it looks like the yellowx2 so idk. I hope to get to it this weekend. ill keep u up to date.

I not sure. I ordered a koyo throw out bearing so i will see. I run the redx3 pp but it looks like the yellowx2 so idk. I hope to get to it this weekend. ill keep u up to date.
    Ok cool, Im using the same PP and a clutchnet fiber carbon clutch disc. Also, after a about 15 minutes of driving the clutch goes from perfect to super catchy...

Hey man, im goin IN! Ima check my throw out bearing and Pilot Bushing. Ill update ya if I fix it or not, lemme know how you like that clutch disc, I think the fiber carbon disc I got is to much for me, when it heats up after driving, that thing catchs like a mutha. Pain in the azz to drive sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 03silverEP View Post
    yes kids, a DD needs a clutch w/a

full face (no pucks)
    sprung (prevents chatter)
    organic or at least 50% organic material

otherwise you have a literal on/off Race clutch, no fun at stop signs..
    really the material isn't so much a big deal, I had a 6 puck kevlar sprung clutch and it was fine, hardly on/off. =\

I was going to install it sat. but my gay fucking job gave me overtime so now i'm fucked for the next two weeks.

I was going to install it sat. but my gay fucking job gave me overtime so now i'm fucked for the next two weeks.
    Good luck man, Iv been fucking with it all day, still not finished, ran out of time, had to work.

Get it done yet? It look like i might be able to try and replace mine this weekend.

I just hope I don't have any driving issue with my 2x Red PP/ Carbon fiber disc clutch setup with my K24a1 2 which is going in real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost03si View Post
    I just hope I don't have any driving issue with my 2x Red PP/ Carbon fiber disc clutch setup with my K24a1 2 which is going in real soon.
    Ya I got the same setup, and let me tell you, its a tid bitch catchy, but since i replaced my throw out bearing its smooth as butter, you really cant slip the clutch when accelerating from a stop. But its a GREAT combo non the less, and I love the fact that you press the pedal in about 30% of the way and you can engage the gears :-D Smooth aswell.

Good to hear you got it in. I'm going to install mine in the morning. Wish me luck. What throw out bearing did you buy? I got one from koyo.

Good to hear you got it in. I'm going to install mine in the morning. Wish me luck. What throw out bearing did you buy? I got one from koyo.
    Umm, it was from some Jap company called Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp, (or Nachi)

well update, It's been 500 miles with the new setup and no problems yet.

well update, It's been 500 miles with the new setup and no problems yet.
    How is it in 1st from a stop after driving around for a while? Im thinking of going with the one you got because I cant take my clutch anymore. Its to catchy. After driving around for a while because driving my car is what I do for my job, i get chatter when accelerating from 1st gear.
    Last edited by 03Si757; 07-08-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information